Belles Upend Owls in Florida
- The Belles won all three doubles matches.
- Saint Mary's picked up four of the six singles flights.
- Kaity Venters clinched the win with a victory at six singles.
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Saint Mary's tennis team concluded their spring break trip to Florida with a 7-2 victory over Bryn Mawr on Friday.
The Belles swept the doubles competition by decisive scores. Margaret Faller and Maddie Minaudo were the first pair off after an 8-1 win at two doubles. Andrea Fetters and Kaity Venters were 8-3 victors at three doubles just moments before Sam Setterblad and Monica Davy earned an 8-2 win at one doubles to give the Belles the 3-0 lead.
Maddie Minaudo cruised to a 6-0, 6-1 at five singles, and Kaity Venters clinched the team win with a 6-1, 6-2 decision at six singles. Margaret Faller lost a 6-0, 6-2 match at three singles. Sam Setterblad concluded a 6-3, 6-3 win at four singles less than a minute before Andrea Fetters closed out a 6-2, 6-3 victory at one singles. Monica Davy was the final match on the court and fell by a 7-5, 6-1 final.
The Belles (6-2) host Augustana on Saturday, March 19 at 11:00 a.m.
Saint Mary's College 7, Bryn Mawr 2
1. Andrea Fetters (SMC) def. Melina Koukoutchos (BMC) 6-2, 6-3
2. Lizzie Siegle (BMC) def. Monica Davy (SMC) 7-5, 6-1
3. Kendall Baller (BMC) def. Margaret Faller (SMC) 6-0, 6-2
4. Sam Setterblad (SMC) def. Mariam Haider (BMC) 6-3, 6-3
5. Maddie Minaudo (SMC) def. Em Prozinski (BMC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Kaity Venters (SMC) def. Rosa Haas (BMC) 6-1, 6-2
1. Sam Setterblad/Monica Davy (SMC) def. Melina Koukoutchos/Kendall Baller (BMC) 8-2
2. Margaret Faller/Maddie Minaudo (SMC) def. Mariam Haider/Em Prozinski (BMC) 8-1
3. Andrea Fetters/Kaity Venters (SMC) def. Lizzie Siegle/Rosa Haas (BMC) 8-3