PhD in Finance, Texas Tech University
MBA, MSc. in Finance, Texas Tech University
BA in Accounting, Addis Ababa University
Areas of Expertise
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Banking in Emerging Countries
- Fed's Policy rates
- Financial institutions
- Fed's policy rates
- Banking in emerging markets
Courses Recently Taught
- BUAD 202: Principles of managerial accounting
- BUAD 312: Principles of finance
- BUAD 313: Investments
- BUAD 315: Management of financial institutions
- BUAD 317: Financial statement analysis
- BUAD 416: International financial management
- Dr. Fitwi’s teaching experiences goes back to his native Ethiopia, where he has taught different accounting and finance courses for about 10 years.
- He has also assumed different administrative positions including head of finance and administration of Mekelle University.
Creative and Scholarly Work
- Fitwi, Abrar, Scott Hein, and Jeffrey Mercer. “The US Housing Price Bubble: Bernanke versus Taylor.” Journal of Economics and Business, Vol. 80 (2015): July – August 2015, pages 62 – 80.
- Fitwi, Abrar, and Laura Elder. “Unraveling risk and return in Islamic banking: Does the perceived high return exist?" Journal of Economics, Finance, and Accounting, Vol. 2, issue 2 (2015): pages 194 – 207.
- Financial Management Association
- American Economic Association
- Academy of Finance