Frances Bernard Kominkiewicz
PhD, University of Notre Dame
MSA, University of Notre Dame
BSW, MSW, Indiana University Indianapolis
- Child welfare; child abuse and neglect
- Family violence; policy issues
- Youth homelessness
- Faculty mentoring
- Social work curriculum & assessment
Courses Recently Taught
- SW 202: Intro to Social Work
- SW 235: Human Behavior and Social Enviroment I
- SW 236: Human Behavior and Social Enviroment II
- SW 334: Social Welfare Policy and Service
- SW 365: DSM-5 and Mental Health Issues
- SW 370: Family Violence and Sexual Abuse
- SW 430: Social Work Research Methods
- SW 495: Integrative Seminar
- Clinical Social Worker, State of Indiana Behavioral Health Board license
- Marriage and Family Therapist, State of Indiana Behavioral Health Board license
- Clinical Addiction Counselor, State of Indiana Behavioral Health Board license
- over twenty years spent as a clinical social worker, school social worker, and administrator/program developer, including the development of a MSW program
- Council on Social Work Education, site visitor
- consulting editor to a professional journal
Creative and Scholarly Work
- “Undergraduate Social Work Students as Producers of Community-Based Research with Homeless Youth.” Presented with L. Kominkiewicz, Council on Social Work Education Annual Program Meeting, San Antonio, TX, November 7, 2009.
- “Reducing childhood trauma: An analysis of child abuse laws in the United States and territories on reporting maltreatment." Conference Proceedings of European Society of Trauma and Dissociation International Conference, Berlin, Germany, 2012.
- “Online Education and the Critical Thinking Competency: Learning Beyond the Classroom.” Presented with L. Kominkiewicz, at the Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors Annual Meeting, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, March 7, 2013.
- “Supporting Emerging Social Work Educators and Leaders through BPD’s New Mentoring Program.” Presented with K. Krase and E. Blue at the Board Sponsored Session, Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors Annual Meeting, Kansas City, Missouri, March 7, 2015.
- “The Role of Mentoring in Strengthening Field Faculty Leadership Development” (With Elizabeth T. Blue). BPD Annual Conference; New Orleans, LA., March 4, 2017.&
- “Using Curriculum Mapping for Continuous Improvement: Transitioning to EPAS 2015” (With Elizabeth T. Blue). BPD Annual Conference; New Orleans, LA. March 3, 2017.
Association of Baccalaureate Program Directors, 1997-present
Council on Social Work Education, 1992-present
National Association of Social Workers, 1973-present
Academy of Certified Social Workers, 1978-present
Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work, 2003
Alpha Kappa Delta International Sociology Honor Society, 2000