PhD, Saint Louis University
MA, Johns Hopkins University
BJ, University of Missouri - Columbia
- U.S. women's history
- Gender, women's, and sexuality studies
- African-American history since reconstruction
- 20th century social movements
Courses Recently Taught
- ENWR 000: Writing proficiency completed
- GWS 207: Introduction to gender and women's studies
- GWS 350: Feminist theory
- HIST 202: U.S. history since 1865
- HIST 324: History of women in the U.S.
- HIST 341 African-American history
- HIST 397: Independent study
- HIST 399: Internship
- HIST 410: History of sexuality in the U.S.
- HIST 495: Senior seminar
- HIST 202W: U.S. history since 1865
Creative and Scholarly Work
- “Women Reformers Respond during the Depression: Battling St. Louis’s Disease and Immorality.” Journal of Urban History, Vol. 35, No. 5 (July 2009): 698-717. http://journals.sagepub.com/do
- “Crossing Boundaries: A Family Story" Nashim: A Journal of Jewish Women’s Studies and Gender Issues, Number 27 (Fall 2014). http://www.jstor.org/stable/10
- “A Romantic Steroid or a Great Performance?: Visual Culture and the Pill,” Reproductive Issues in Popular Media: International Perspectives. Edited by Waltraud Maierhofer and Beth Widmaier Capo. Jefferson, NC: McFarland, June 2017.
- "Constructing Sexuality and Fetishizing Women in American History: Debunking Myths in Popular Culture from Pocahontas to the Cold War," The Seneca Falls Dialogues Journal, Vol, 2. with Katlynn Dee '17, Alison Tipton '18, and Adrienne Whisman '17, https://digitalcommons.brockport.edu/sfd/vol2/iss1/8/
- (presentation) "Sowing the Seeds of Love": Promoting Transgender Inclusivity and Visibility in Policies and Training Programs in the Heartland at the 2018 Rural Women's Studies Association Triennial Conference, Ohio University, May 2018.
- (presentation) “Transgender in the Heartland,” the Berkshire Conference on the History of Women, Genders and Sexualities, Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York, June 2017.
National Women’s Studies Association, 2007-present
American Studies Association, 2009-present
Organization of American Historians, 2013-present
Feminist Mothering Caucus, NWSA, 2013-present
Association for the Study of African American Life and History, 2014-present