Kimberly Boynton has worked in the Speech Language Pathology field for 17 years in a variety of organizations, including birth to three years programs, private practice, and public schools holding both clinical and administrative positions. She has been involved in the development and implementation of early childhood programming, including language and social emotional aspects, early childhood program development and expansion, curriculum study, public and private early childhood partnerships, community collaboration, and advocacy. She has also served as a mentor, supervisor, and educator of clinical fellowship year speech-language pathologists, speech-language pathology assistants, and speech-language pathology students.
Doctoral Candidate ABD, Indiana State University
MS, Purdue University
BS, Purdue University
Areas of Expertise
- Child Language Development and Disorders
- Child Speech Sound Disorders
- Early Childhood Development and Education
- Child speech and language development and disorders
- Job satisfaction of school-based speech-language pathologists
- Recruitment and retention of school-based speech-language pathologists
Courses Recently Taught
- CSD 310: Child Language Development
- CSD 503: Speech Sound Disorders
- CSD 506: Later Language Disorders: School-Age Children
- CSD 585: Clinical Practicum — On Campus
- Saint Mary's College, Visiting Assistant Professor, 2018-Present
- Saint Mary's College, Adjunct Clinical Supervisor and Instructor, 2016–18
- South Bend Community school Corporation, Speech-Language Pathologist, 2017–18
- Elkhart Community School Corporation, Director of Professional Development,
- Grant Development, and Pre K Services, 2014–17
- Elkhart Community School Corporation, Coordinator of Student Services/Pre K Special Education, 2010–14
- Communication Counts Therapy Services, LLC, Owner and Speech-Language Pathologist, 2007–11
- Indiana First Steps Program, Speech-Language Pathologist, 2007–11
- Elkhart Community School Corporation, Speech-Language Pathologist, 2000–07
Creative and Scholarly Work
- "Preschool: A Solid Beginning for Each Child's Journey: Community ED talks." Elkhart, IN, 2016.
- "English Language Learners and Speech." Invited presentation to Head Start Family Summit, Goshen, IN, 2012.
- "Sensory Processing and the Communication Connection." Invited presentation to ADEC, Elkhart, IN, 2012.
- "Speech and Language Development." Invited presentation to St. Joseph and Elkhart County Head Start Consortium, Elkhart, IN, 2011.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence
- Indiana Professional Licensing Agency, Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist
- State of Indiana Director of Exceptional Needs Administration License
- State of Indiana Teacher's License: Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinician
- Views on Learning, Inc. Board Member
- Indiana Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Association for the Education of Young Children