PhD, University of Notre Dame
BA, Calvin College
- Ethics of eating
- Hellenistic philosophy
- Philosophical pedagogy
Courses Recently Taught
- PHIL 110: Introductory philosophy
- PHIL 254: Social justice
- PHIL 255: Medical ethics
- PHIL 354: Ethics
- PHIL 497: Independent study
- SPLL 101: First-year common course
Creative and Scholarly Work
- "Philosophy as Therapy for Recovering Unrestrained Omnivores." Paper presented with Matthew C. Halteman at the Moral Cultures of Food: Past and Present conference, University of North Texas, April 2015.
- "Philosophy as Transformational Experience: Service Learning in an Urban Garden with Pierre Hadot." Paper presented at the American Philosophical Association, Central Division, Saint Louis, MO, February 2015.
- "Teaching Philosophy of Social Justice: Theory and Practice in Harmony." Paper presented at The Virtues, Vices and Teaching Conference of the Kuyers Institute, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI, October 3, 2013.
American Philosophical Association
The Heidegger Circle