Patricia A. Sayre
PhD, University of Notre Dame
BA, Wheaton College
- History and philosophy of logic
- The problem of other minds
- Moral psychology
- The meaning of life
Courses Recently Taught
- PHIL 110W: Introductory philosophy
- PHIL 220: Introduction to logic
- PHIL 245: Non-Western philosophy
- PHIL 331: Descartes to skepticism
- PHIL 332: Kant and his critics
- PHIL 341: Mind, knowledge, and realitY
Creative and Scholarly Work
- "The Dialectics of Trust and Suspicion." Faith and Philosophy 10, no. 4 (1993): 567-584.
- “Beauty: A Manifesto.” Presented at the 4th Global Conference on Beauty, Oxford, England, September 2014.
- “Wittgenstein’s Grave: On Philosophical Pilgrimage.” Presented at the 2nd Global Conference on Sacred Journeys, Oxford, England, July 2015.
- “Empathy: Responding to a Pathology.” The Personalist Forum 15, no. 2 (2003): 290-301.
- "Wittgenstein and the Possibility of Religious Belief," Wissen und Glauben: Beitrage des 26, ed. Winfreid Loffler and Paul Weingartner. Internationalen Wittgenstein Symposiums, vol. XI, Kirchberg am Wechsel: Osterreichische Ludwig Wittgenstein Gesellshaft, (2003).