PhD, University of Pennsylvania
AB, University of Rome “La Sapienza”
- Italian Middle Ages
- Dante studies
- Italian Renaissance
- Italian cinema studies
Courses Recently Taught
- MLIT 101: Introductory Italian I
- MLIT 102: Introductory Italian II
- MLIT 111: Intermediate Italian
- MLIT 303: Introduction to Italian literature I
- MLIT 306: Advanced Italian coversation
- MLIT 310: Advanced Italian grammar
- MLIT 320: Italian cinema 1945-1965
- MLIT 497: Independent study
- MLIT 998: Advanced writing proficency
- MLIT 999: Senior comprehensive
Creative and Scholarly Work
- "Morte a Venezia di Luchino Visconti: una lettura retrospettiva." Romance Languages Annual IX (1997): 359-67.
- “Echi boeziani nella Beatrice “consolata” di Inferno II, 69.” The Monk, the Priest, the Nun, Conference organized by the Center for Italian Studies at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, March 2013.
- "Cultural Métissage in Immigrato by Mario Fortunato and Salah Methnani." 4th Mountain Interstate Foreign Language conference in Knoxville, TN, 1994.
American Association Teachers of Italian
American Association of Italian Studies
Dante Society of America