Countdown to Commencement
Saturday, May 17, 2014
On this site you will find a brief summary of events that lead up to the big day. Look for a Commencement recap in the upcoming weeks.
Important general information:
- Questions regarding Commencement? Please review our Frequently Asked Questions , or contact the Office of Student Involvement at 574-284-4561 or the President's office 574-284-4601.
- Seniors: Remember - it will be your responsibility to communicate all important details to your parents and guests. Extra copies of this schedule are available in the Office of Student Involvement.
- Caps and Gowns: Pick up your caps, gowns and hoods on Thursday, March 27 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Reignbeaux Lounge, LeMans Hall. Seniors purchasing their gowns on that date will receive a 10% discount.
- Seating for Commencement is unlimited if the ceremony is held outdoors. In the event of rain, the ceremony will be held in Angela Athletic Facility. The decision to hold the ceremony indoors will be made by 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Once the decision has been made, it is final. Tickets for admission will only be necessary if the Commencement exercises are held indoors.
- Every senior must return the ticket order form that was emailed to you to the Student Involvement Office, 244 Student Center, no later than Monday, May 6 to ensure reservations. Each senior will be allotted five (5) tickets for the indoor ceremony in Angela Athletic Facility. If you will not be using all of your tickets, please indicate on the reservation form. Once tickets have been distributed, please remember to give them to your guests. No one will be admitted to the indoor ceremony without a ticket. LOST TICKETS CANNOT BE REPLACED. Please indicate on the ticket order form if anyone in your party will need special seating accommodations. Special seating will be available in Angela Athletic Facility if the ceremony is held there due to inclement weather.
- Rain or shine, there will be a simulcast projection of the Commencement ceremony onto a large screen in O’Laughlin Auditorium as well as in the Vander Vennet Theatre in the Student Center. If the ceremony is held outdoors, guests who wish to go indoors to watch the ceremony may do so – O’Laughlin Auditorium is air-conditioned. In the event of rain, guests without tickets for admission to the Angela Athletic Facility will be directed to O’Laughlin Auditorium or the Vander Vennet Theatre to watch the ceremony.
- Keep your memories of Saint Mary’s alive by purchasing a DVD of your 2014 Commencement. This keepsake is shot professionally and is available for $37. DVDs can be purchased by:
- Calling the College’s Box Office at 574-284-4626.
- Order DVD online
Tickets for graduation weekend events will be distributed:
- Wednesday, May 14 from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm; Thursday, May 15 from 9:00 am to 4 pm.
- All tickets are available in the Student Involvement Office, 244 Student Center. Even if you do not purchase meal tickets you must still pick up tickets for the Commencement ceremony - no one will be admitted to Angela without a ticket. You must return the attached form to receive tickets to the ceremony.
- Tickets to Saturday Morning brunch in Dining Hall
|Sunday, May 4:|
- Department Hooding Ceremonies - (times set by departments)
- Honors Convocation - O'Laughlin Auditorium 2:00 p.m.
Seniors and faculty, dressed in academic regalia, will process by department for the Honors Convocation. Each academic department will plan a ceremony at which seniors receive hoods from their faculty. The Convocation also includes the recognition of College and departmental award recipients.
- Seniors: Please read these Instructions for Honors Convocation.
- Multi-Ethnic Commencement Celebration - Lounge, Student Center at 6:30 p.m. This is an invitation only event.
- Senior Athletic Award Reception - Earley Conference Room, Student Center from4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Recognication event for senior student-athletes. Parents of senior student-athletes are invited.
|Monday, May 5:|
- Deadline for submitting Commencement ticket order forms to Student Involvement Office; 244 Student Center
| Monday, May 12:
- Alumnae Senior Champagne Brunch - 11:30 AM
Noble Family Dining Hall
One of Saint Mary's finest traditions, this event heralds the entry of the Class of 2014 into the Alumnae Association. Brunch will be served in the dining hall. There is no charge for seniors, but tickets must be picked up May 5, 6, or 7 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., from the Alumnae Office, 109-B Le Mans Hall. Tickets for parents and guests may be purchased. Call 574-284-4578 or e-mail: email@example.com for more information.
|Friday, May 16:|
- Nurses Pinning Ceremony - 1:00 p.m. Church of Our Lady of Loretto.
Family and friends are invited to share in this ceremony which celebrates the start of professional careers for nursing graduates. Reception to follow in Stapleton Lounge.
- Baccalaureate Liturgy - 4:00 p.m. Angela Athletic Facility.
Students will line up at 3:35 p.m. with the procession beginning at 3:50 p.m.
- Seniors: Please read these Instructions for Baccalaureate Mass
|Saturday, May 17:|
- Graduation Brunch - Noble Dining Hall, Seating times are: 8:30 - 10:00 and 10:30 - noon - Seniors will be admitted with their IDs. Tickets may be purchased for guests.
Commencement 2014 Ceremony, Saturday May 17th
Court of Le Mans Hall 12:00 noon.
Seniors line up at 11:30 a.m.
Procession begins at 11:50 a.m.
Saint Mary's College will be contracting with a professional company to record the 2014 Commencement ceremonies on DVD so that you can relive the excitement and share the experience with others who were not able to attend. The DVD may be ordered through the Saint Mary's College Office of Special Events. Call 574-284-4625 for details.
Seniors: Please read these Instructions for Commencement
- Vigil Mass-- 4:00 p.m. - Regina Chapel
|Sunday, May 18:|
- Mass -
9:45 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. Church of Our Lady of Loretto