162 Spes Unica
PhD, Boston College
MTS, Harvard Divinity School
BA, Santa Clara University
Areas of Expertise
- Catholic systematic theology
- Feminist theologies
- Theologies of suffering
- Theological anthropology
- Mental health in theological perspective
- Theology and the psychological sciences
- Suffering and the Doctrine of God
Courses Recently Taught
- RLST 101: Religions in Feminist Perspective
- RLST 261: Catholic Faith and Life
- RLST 341: How to Become a Saint
Creative and Scholarly Work
- “Theology and the Psychological Sciences,” in T&T Clark Companion to Christian Theology & The Modern Sciences, ed. John Slattery (New York: T&T Clark: October 1, 2020), 261-274.
- “What Can Theology Offer Psychology? Some Considerations in the Context of Depression,” Journal of Moral Theology 9, no. 1 (January 2020): 2-19.
- “Catholic Fasting Literature in a Context of Body Hatred: A Feminist Critique,” Horizons (December 2019): 215-245.
- “Depressive Suffering as Tragic Suffering: Theological Insights and Trajectories,” in Suffering and the Christian Life, eds. Karen Kilby and Rachel Davies (London: T&T Clark/Bloomsbury, December 2019), 155–162.
- “The Possibilities of Grace amid Persistent Depression,” Theological Studies 80 no. 3 (September 2019): 554-571.
- “Mary Daly’s The Church and the Second Sex after Fifty Years of US Catholic Feminist Theology,” Theological Studies 79 no. 3 (September 2018): 543-565. Co-authored with Brianne Jacobs.
- Catholic Theological Society of America
- College Theology Society
- Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality
- American Academy of Religion