PhD, Boston College
MTS, Harvard Divinity School
BA, Santa Clara University
Areas of Expertise
- Catholic systematic theology
- Feminist theologies
- Theological anthropology
- Theological method
- Mental health in theological perspective
- Theologies of the body
- Theology and the psychological sciences
- Theological education
Courses Recently Taught
- RLST 101: Introducing Religious Studies
- RLST 261: Catholic Faith and Life
Creative and Scholarly Work
- “Catholic Fasting Literature in a Context of Body Hatred: A Feminist Critique,” Horizons (December 2019): forthcoming.
- “The Possibilities of Grace amid Persistent Depression,” Theological Studies (September 2019): forthcoming.
- “Depressive Suffering as Tragic Suffering: Theological Insights and Trajectories,” in Suffering and the Christian Life, eds. Karen Kilby and Rachel Davies (New York: T&T Clark/Bloomsbury, 2019), forthcoming.
- “Mary Daly’s The Church and the Second Sex after Fifty Years of U.S. Catholic Feminist Theology,” Theological Studies 79 no. 3 (September 2018): 543-565. Co-authored with Brianne Jacobs.
- “Is Student Mental Health a Matter of Mission?” Journal of Catholic Higher Education 32 no. 2 (Summer 2017): 193-215. Co-authored with Christopher Staysniak.
- “Ghosts in the Office: The Ecclesiological and Soteriological Implications of Stereotype Threat among Women in Catholic Theology” Journal of Feminist Studies in Religion 33 no. 1 (Spring 2017): 127-136.
- Catholic Theological Society of America
- College Theology Society
- Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality
- American Academy of Religion