Summer Session at Saint Mary's
Earn credits no matter where your summer takes you...
This summer take advantage of the opportunity to get a jumpstart on the fall semester or remain on target for graduation. Whether you need a Sophia course or are fulfilling major requirements, there are many classes to choose from to meet your needs. Our options allow you to stay on track or create flexibility in your semester schedule.
You can participate in our intensive three-week courses which begin May 24 and finish in early June, or choose from a variety of five-week courses, as well as study abroad.
Receive individualized attention
At Saint Mary's, we believe in collaboration. Whether on campus or online, our small class sizes allow students to personally connect with peers and professors. You will be encouraged to ask questions, work together, and get involved in various projects. Faculty get to know each student by name so there is no getting lost in the shuffle. Most importantly, they become mentors and advisors, leading you toward academic and professional success.
Stay on track and on time
We place a high level of attention in helping you stay on track with your coursework. Where other students are taking on average over 5 years to graduate at public colleges and universities, Saint Mary's women are well in to their careers by then. That translates into $54,000 when you consider lost income and additional tuition.
Saint Mary's Students
- Register for summer via the Saint Mary's College Portal.
- The Alt PIN for summer registration is "summer" starting April 1, 2021.
- Bills will be mailed to the address on file.
- Register by submitting the Non-Degree Student Application form.
- Bills will be mailed to the mailing address submitted on the application form.
- The deadline for submitting a Summer Visiting Student Application is Wednesday, May 19.
Other helpful summer information:
Housing is available for female students only during the summer. Student Affairs can assist with campus housing at (574) 284-4571
The tuition rate for both summer undergraduate online and main campus courses is $525/credit hour (travel courses may have different rates).
There may be proctoring fees for online courses, refer to the Undergraduate Academic policies section of the bulletin for more information.
Limited financial aid may be available for your summer course(s). Complete the Summer Aid Application at https://my.saintmarys.edu/
International Travel Programs
All travel courses have an additional application process and deadlines that must be met as well as beginning and ending dates that differ from the courses taught on campus. Contact the Center for Women's Intercultural Leadership at (574) 284-4263, or the course/program coordinator, or see summer program offerings.
Contact the Office of the Academic Advising and Registrar by phone at (574) 284-4560, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The refund schedule for summer session depends upon the start and end date of the course.
Students with Disabilities
If you have a disability that will require academic accommodations, you need to do both the following as soon as possible:
- Contact the Office of Disability Accommodations located in Madeleva Hall Room 103C (Iris Giamo) in order to obtain a letter verifying your disability and the accommodations needed.
- Visiting students: please present your institution's verification letter to the instructor.
- Make an appointment with your instructor to go over this letter and discuss what reasonable accommodations can be made.