Submitting a complaint

The first step for a student lodging a complaint is to decide if the complaint should be directed to the administrators of the institution, or to one of several national organizations that deal with student complaints.

If the student wishes to submit a complaint to Saint Mary’s College administrators:


If the student would like to lodge the complaint with a national organization:

  • Students can submit a complaint to the Indiana Commission on Higher Education regarding:
    • Discrimination: If a student believes that an institution has acted in a discriminatory manner 
    • Financial Aid: If a student has been denied state of Indiana financial aid
    • Law Violations: If a student believes that a college or university has violated state or federal law
  • For online students, depending on the student’s state of residency, allegations of dishonest or fraudulent activity by the institution, including the provision of false or misleading information, can be filed as follows: