Willow Wetherall, M.A. is the Project Director of Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative and is directly responsible for all community based WEI activities. This includes overseeing the SPARK business accelerator and the THRIVE Engaging Women conference as well as planning and implementing events and training events for women business owners and executives.
Willow graduated from the University of Maine with a dual BA in International Affairs/Anthropology and Women's Studies. She holds a master's in International Peace Studies from the University of Notre Dame. She is a skilled economic and community development specialist with eight years of experience working on large-scale development projects and city revitalization through entrepreneurship, talent attraction and retention, tech sector and industry growth, and creative placemaking. She is an active participant in the Regional Economic Development Plan initiatives and serves on the board of DTSB, Inc. She is the founder of Ignite Michiana and former owner of Little Bird Preschool. Willow has a passion for intentional inclusion and women's economic empowerment. She lives in the Near Northwest Neighborhood with her three children. As a family they enjoy playing sports, reading on the porch, rafting on the East Race, biking, and loving on their two cats Lucky and Yeti.
WEI Advisory Board
- Deb Childs, State Farm Insurance
- Mary Cossey, NIPSCO
- Emily Rose McManus, Saint Mary's College
- Jennifer Hoggatt, Old National Bank
- Janet Horvath, Jones Obenchain, LLP
- Stacie Jeffirs, Saint Mary's College
- Ryan Bell, 1st Source Bank
- David Matthews, Matthews, LLC
- Paula Sours, GPS Branding.
Senior Business Plan Review Specialists
- Alan Steele, Indiana Small Business Development Corporation
- Doug Knapman, Michiana SCORE
- Luis Zapata, 1st Source Bank
- Joe Noffsinger, 1st Source Bank