“There is good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.”
MLS (Master of Library Science), Indiana University
BS (Bachelor of Science, Biology), Purdue University
graduate work in both biology and English
Areas of Expertise
- Digital scholarship and scholarly communication in libraries
- Library financial issues and vendor relations
- Scholarship of teaching and learning
- Library instruction pedagogy--integrating library instruction and the classroom experience
- Library user experience--students and faculty
Courses Recently Taught
Liaison and library instruction in justice education, biology, chemistry, physics, environmental studies, social work, and gerontology.
Previously the acquisitions/periodicals librarian at Valparaiso University.
Creative and Scholarly Work
Book reviewer for CHOICE in the areas such as sholarly communication, environmental justice, and women in science.
Peer reviewer for The Serials Librarian, and has published in Against the Grain; Library Collections, Acquisitions and Technical Services; LOEX News; and The Serials Librarian.
- American Library Association Association of College and Research Libraries — instruction section, science and technology librarians section, and digital scholarship section
- Library and Information Technology Association NASIG (North American Serials Group)
- Indiana Library Federation — instruction section and technical services section
Working with PALNI (Private Academic Library Network of Indiana) to develop digital scholarship services and expertise across the state.