Saint Mary’s College gives you powerful advantages. Our rigorous academics and nurturing community will empower you to learn, grow, and lead. From the moment you arrive, you will become part of a community of students of all backgrounds and cultures. Discover your passion and be prepared for a life of endless possibilities.
- 99%of graduates say SMC taught them to think critically or analytically
- 23,000+active and involved alumnae
- 1/2of SMC undergrads explore the world through study abroad programs
Our professors listen to you, know you by name, and challenge you to go further than you thought possible. Our 10:1 student-faculty ratio and average class size of 22 allow students to connect personally with peers and professors. And because we’re part of a tri-campus community, you can share your ideas in classes, clubs, and dining halls here at Saint Mary’s, as well as at the University of Notre Dame and Holy Cross College.
A Place Where Women Thrive
Here, you can be yourself in a place that values intelligence, social responsibility, and the empowerment of women. Yes, we’re a women’s college and maybe you never imagined yourself in an environment like this, but nearly every graduate says they would choose SMC all over again. Our unique position as a liberal arts college directly across the street from the University of Notre Dame will give you all the benefits of a world-class education, with experiences no other small college can offer.
A Lifetime of Benefits
At Saint Mary’s, the knowledge you gain in our classroom is only part of your cumulative experience. Here, we’ll encourage you to get involved and take larger roles in developing your career path by working in the real world along the way. Students also work in the surrounding communities as another way to expand their hearts and minds. At every stage of life, you will find SMC ready to help you find success.
- The Career Crossings Office is a welcoming and comprehensive place for students to explore career paths, providing substantial outcomes. After graduation, we’ll remain by your side with career services for life. Explore all this dynamic office has to offer. Career Services
- Our 23,000+ alumnae are a group of women with a wealth of talent, experience, and know-how, and they give you access to innumerable resources. They are ready to connect with you. Alumnae Connections
- In class, you'll find yourself discussing faith, values, and ethics. Outside of class, you’ll find plenty of clubs, programs, and activities to put your beliefs into action. Making a Difference