Belles Conquer Warriors
ORLANDO, Fla. - After getting rained out on Sunday, the Saint Mary's tennis team took advantage of a beautiful day in central Florida by defeating Wisconsin Lutheran, 9-0.
The teams started off with singles play, and the Belles set the tone early. Jackie Kjolhede was a 6-0, 6-0 winner at number four singles. Kayle Sexton took a 6-0, 6-1 decision in her number two singles contest. Margaret Boden took the six singles flight with a 6-1, 6-1 win for Saint Mary's. Audrey Kiefer put the Belles on the verge of the win with a 6-4, 7-5 victory in her five singles match. Shannon Elliott then clinched the win with a 6-4, 6-3 win at number three singles. Mary Catherine Faller made it 6-0 after the completion of singles play with a 6-1, 7-6 (10-8) win at number one singles.
The Belles went on to claim all three doubles matches on the way to the 9-0 win.
Saint Mary's (3-1) will make up one of their rained out matches from yesterday when they take on Howard Payne at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday before their originally scheduled match against St. Scholastica at 11:30 a.m.
1. Mary Catherine Faller (SMC) def. Strehlow, Kaitlyn (WLCWT11) 6-1, 7-6
2. Kayle Sexton (SMC) def. Hendee, Kathryn (WLCWT11) 6-0, 6-1
3. Shannon Elliott (SMC) def. Pearson, Emily (WLCWT11) 6-4, 6-3
4. Jackie Kjolhede (SMC) def. Gengler, Stephanie (WLCWT11) 6-0, 6-0
5. Audrey Kiefer (SMC) def. Strangstalien, A. (WLCWT11) 6-4, 7-5
6. Margaret Boden (SMC) def. Stibb, Whitney (WLCWT11) 6-1, 6-1
1. Mary Catherine Faller/Audrey Kiefer (SMC) def. Strehlow, Kaitlyn/Hendee, Kathryn (WLCWT11) 8-3
2. Kayle Sexton/Shannon Elliott (SMC) def. Pearson, Emily/Strangstalien, A. (WLCWT11) 8-6
3. Margaret Boden/Jackie Kjolhede (SMC) def. Gengler, Stephanie/Kudek, Stephanie (WLCWT11) 8-1