Belles Fall in Florida Finale
SANLANDO, Fla. - The Saint Mary's tennis team concluded their trip to Florida with a tough 6-3 loss to Haverford on Friday.
The Fords won two of the three doubles flights and four of six singles competitions for the victory.
Audrey Kiefer and Jackie Kjolhede were responsible for each of the Belles' wins. The two teamed up for an 8-5 win at number three doubles. Kjolhede then rolled to a 6-0, 6-1 win at number six singles. Kiefer battled her way back into the match after falling 6-4 in the first set to win the second set 6-2 and dominate the pro-set tiebreaker 10-2.
Margaret Faller nearly forced an extra set at number four singles before being defeated in the second set 7-5.
The Belles (2-4) will travel to Indiana Wesleyan on Wednesday, March 20 for a 3:00 p.m. match against the Wildcats.
Haverford College 6, Saint Mary's College 3
1. Caitlin Gallagher (HAVWTN) def. Mary Catherine Faller (SMC) 6-2, 6-2
2. Alex Ferrara (HAVWTN) def. Kayle Sexton (SMC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Robyn Himelstein (HAVWTN) def. Shannon Elliott (SMC) 6-3, 6-2
4. Celia Tong (HAVWTN) def. Margaret Faller (SMC) 6-0, 7-5
5. Audrey Kiefer (SMC) def. Kristen Anderson (HAVWTN) 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-2)
6. Jackie Kjolhede (SMC) def. Abbey Flynn (HAVWTN) 6-0, 6-1
1. Alex Ferrara/Caitlin Gallagher (HAVWTN) def. Mary Catherine Faller/Kayle Sexton (SMC) 8-6
2. Robyn Himelstein/Rachal Torg (HAVWTN) def. Margaret Faller/Shannon Elliott (SMC) 8-3
3. Audrey Kiefer/Jackie Kjolhede (SMC) def. Celia Tong/Abbey Flynn (HAVWTN) 8-5