Belles Shut Out Scots
- The Belles lost just nine games in singles flights in the 9-0 win.
- Monica Davy and Kelsey Kopf were 6-0, 6-0 winners in their singles matches.
- A trio of players dropped just two games each in singles play.
ALMA, Mich. - The Saint Mary's tennis team claimed a 9-0 conference win over Alma on Saturday afternoon.
Meaghan Flynn and Kaity Venters took an 8-1 win at two doubles while Kelsey Kopf and Abbi Fleming were 8-2 victors at three doubles. Monica Davy and Sam Setterblad edged out their opponents by an 8-6 score for a one doubles win for the 3-0 Belles' lead.
Davy and Kopf both posted unblemished wins in 6-0, 6-0 decisions at the one and two singles flights, respectively. Flynn, Maddie Minaduo, and Elizabeth Preister only lost two games each in their singles flights. Flynn was a 6-1, 6-1 winner at four singles while Minaudo and Preister had matching 6-0, 6-2 finals at five and six singles. Setterblad wrapped up the final score with a 6-1, 6-2 victory at three singles.
The Belles will take on top-seeded Hope in the MIAA Tournament semifinal round on Thursday, May 4. Hope will host the event at 4:00 p.m. at VandePoel-Heeringa Stadium.
Saint Mary's College 9, Alma College 0
1. Monica Davy (SMC) def. Caroline Ross (ALMA) 6-0, 6-0
2. Kelsey Kopf (SMC) def. Matilda Ennis (ALMA) 6-0, 6-0
3. Sam Setterblad (SMC) def. Chloe Ramsey (ALMA) 6-1, 6-2
4. Meaghan Flynn (SMC) def. Amy Wood (ALMA) 6-1, 6-1
5. Maddie Minaudo (SMC) def. Bernadette Garibay (ALMA) 6-0, 6-2
6. Elizabeth Preister (SMC) def. CJ Raymond (ALMA) 6-0, 6-2
1. Monica Davy/Sam Setterblad (SMC) def. Caroline Ross/Chloe Ramsey (ALMA) 8-6
2. Meaghan Flynn/Kaity Venters (SMC) def. Matilda Ennis/Bernadette Garibay (ALMA) 8-1
3. Kelsey Kopf/Abbi Fleming (SMC) def. Amy Wood/CJ Raymond (ALMA) 8-2