Belles Overtaken by Nationally-Ranked Flying Dutch
- Elizabeth Preister and Maddie Minaudo had the closest doubles match on the day but came up short in an 8-4 final at the number three flight.
- Minaudo and Setterblad each took at least one game in their singles matches.
- Hope has not lost a flight in an MIAA competition this season.
NOTRE DAME, Ind. - The Saint Mary's tennis team fell by a 9-0 score against No. 21 ranked Hope on Saturday.
Elizabeth Preister and Maddie Minaudo had the closest doubles match on the day but came up short in an 8-4 final at the number three flight. Meaghan Flynn and Kaity Venters were stopped by an 8-3 score at the two doubles flight, and Monica Davy and Sam Setterblad suffered an 8-2 loss at one doubles.
Minaudo took games in both sets but fell in a 6-2, 6-1 final at five singles. Setterblad took a game in each of her sets at three singles in a 6-1, 6-1 setback. Preister suffered a 6-0, 6-2 loss at six singles. Kopf and Flynn were on the short ends of 6-1, 6-0 finals at two and four singles, respectively. Davy, meanwhile, was dealt a 6-0, 6-1 loss at one singles against a Hope team who has not lost a flight in an MIAA competition this season.
The Belles (10-11, 4-2 MIAA) look to bounce back on Wednesday, April 26 when they host Calvin at 4:00 p.m.
Hope College 9, Saint Mary's College 0
1. #6 Nancy Benda (HOPE) def. Monica Davy (SMC) 6-0, 6-1
2. #10 Amanda Bandrowski (HOPE) def. Kelsey Kopf (SMC) 6-1, 6-0
3. Claire Hallock (HOPE) def. Sam Setterblad (SMC) 6-1, 6-1
4. Taylor LaBarge (HOPE) def. Meaghan Flynn (SMC) 6-1, 6-0
5. Quincey Glupker (HOPE) def. Maddie Minaudo (SMC) 6-2, 6-1
6. Natalie Rahrig (HOPE) def. Elizabeth Preister (SMC) 6-0, 6-2
1. #8 Nancy Benda/Quincey Glupker (HOPE) def. Monica Davy/Sam Setterblad (SMC) 8-2
2. Taylor LaBarge/Amanda Bandrowski (HOPE) def. Meaghan Flynn/Kaity Venters (SMC) 8-3
3. Claire Hallock/Christin Drozd (HOPE) def. Elizabeth Preister/Maddie Minaudo (SMC) 8-4