Belles Prevail Against Comets
- The Belles won their second MIAA match of the weekend.
- Maddie Minaudo and Elizabeth Preister dropped just two collective games in doubles and singles combined.
- Saint Mary's took all six singles matches.
BATTLE CREEK, Mich. - The Saint Mary's tennis team picked up their second conference win in as many days with an 8-1 victory against Olivet on Sunday.
Maddie Minaudo and Elizabeth Preister earned their second consecutive 8-0 win at three doubles to help give the Belles an early lead. Meaghan Flynn and Kaity Venters posted an 8-3 decision at two doubles. Monica Davy and Sam Setterblad suffered an 8-5 setback at one doubles on the afternoon.
Saint Mary's then went on to take five of the six singles flights in straight sets. Minaudo was a 6-1, 6-0 victor at five singles, and Preister added a 6-0, 6-1 win at the six singles flight. Meaghan Flynn got stronger as the match went on with a 6-4, 6-2 decision at four singles. Monica Davy won a 6-2, 6-4 match at one singles. Sam Setterblad edged out her counterpart 7-5 in the opening set before securing the win with a 6-2 second set. Kelsey Kopf then out-battled her opponent in a 6-4, 1-6, 6-1 win at two singles to round out the 8-1 win.
The Belles (9-9, 3-0 MIAA) look to keep their momentum going when they travel to Albion for a 4:00 p.m. conference match on Thursday, April 13.
Saint Mary's College 8, Olivet College 1
1. Monica Davy (SMC) def. Maddy Drikakis (OLIVET) 6-2, 6-4
2. Kelsey Kopf (SMC) def. BreAnne Rudlaff (OLIVET) 6-4, 1-6, 6-1
3. Sam Setterblad (SMC) def. Isabel Snyder (OLIVET) 7-5, 6-2
4. Meaghan Flynn (SMC) def. Rae Claramunt (OLIVET) 6-4, 6-0
5. Maddie Minaudo (SMC) def. Amanda Gruszka (OLIVET) 6-1, 6-0
6. Elizabeth Preister (SMC) def. Taylor Robbins (OLIVET) 6-0, 6-1
1. Maddy Drikakis/BreAnne Rudlaff (OLIVET) def. Monica Davy/Sam Setterblad (SMC) 8-5
2. Meaghan Flynn/Kaity Venters (SMC) def. Rae Claramunt/Isabel Snyder (OLIVET) 8-3
3. Maddie Minaudo/Elizabeth Preister (SMC) def. Sydnie Weller/Taylor Robbins (OLIVET) 8-0