Ann Marie Short
PhD, University of Miami
MA, University of Miami
BA, Boston University
- Postcolonial studies
- Anglophone literature
- Gender and women's studies
- Motherhood studies
- US immigrant literature
Courses Recently Taught
- ENLT 109W: Identities and identification
- ENLT 109W: Latina literature
- ENLT 262: Multiethnic graphic narrative
- ENLT 331: Gender and sexuality in literature
- ENLT 334: Postcolonial women's writing
- ENLT 354: US Immigrant women's literature
- ENLT 363: 20th Century and contemporary African literature
- ENLT 367: Caribbean women's literature
- ENLT 374: Contemporary global literature
- GWS 207: Introduction to gender and women's studies
Creative and Scholarly Work
- Breastfeeding and Culture: Discourses and Representation. Editor. Demeter Press (April 2018).
- “‘That’s the Shocking Detail?’: Extended Breastfeeding in Emma Donoghue’s Room” in Breastfeeding and Culture: Discourses and Representation. Demeter Press (April 2018).
- “Transnational Ethnic American Identity in Elizabeth Nunez’s Beyond the Limbo Silence” MELUS: Journal of Multiethnic Literature of the United States 40.1 (Winter 2016).
- “A Whole New Race: Chinese Cubans and Hybrid Identities in Cristina García's Monkey Hunting” Anthurium: A Caribbean Studies Journal 7.1-2 (Spring and Fall 2009).
- “Immigrant Motherhood and Transnationality in Jhumpa Lahiri’s Fiction” Literature Compass 4.3 (May 2007).
- MELUS (The Society for the Study of Multi-ethnic Literature of the US)
- MLA (Modern Language Association)
- NeMLA (Northeast Modern Language Association)
- NWSA (National Women's Studies Association)