| 1. Question: What happens if it rains?
Answer: In the event of rain, the ceremony will move to Angela Athletic Facility where tickets will be required since seating will be limited. The decision to hold the ceremony indoors will be made by 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning.
2. Question: How many rain tickets are allotted?
Answer: Five tickets are automatically allotted to each graduate.
3. Question: My elderly relatives are going to attend, is there somewhere indoors they can watch the ceremony in comfort?
Answer: Yes, The ceremony will be simulcast in O'Laughlin Auditorium - Moreau Center for the Arts and Vander Vennet Theatre in the Student Center. Whether a hot, cold, or rainy day, both locations offer a comfortable place for anyone to view the ceremony.
4. Question: Where can I find out about wheelchair accessibility on campus?
Answer: Please visit our map of campus with accessibility areas marked . these areas include ramps, electric doors, and elevators. This map can easily be printed out for your convenience.
5. Question: I'm coming from out of town, where can I locate information about area lodging and meals?
Answer: For your convenience, we provide information about area lodgings and meals through www.artseverywhere.com .
Note: Any questions regarding on campus accommodations during Commencement weekend should be directed to the Department of Residence Life at 574-284-4522.
6. Question: Are parents expected to attend all of the events?
Answer: No, parents do not have to attend all events, but we hope that you enjoy any or all you attend!
7. Question: Is day care or baby sitting provided during commencement weekend?
Answer: Sorry, Saint Mary's does not provide these services.
8. What time zone is South Bend?
Answer: We are in the Eastern time zone.
If you have a question that isn't covered here, please contact the Office of Student Activities at 574-284-4562 or Susan Dampeer in the President's Office at 574-284-4601.