Did you know?
- European Beech seedlings were brought to Saint Mary's College by Sister Madeleva aaround 1952. In 1954 they were 12" high, and in 1986, they were 35' to 40' high. They are now located at the west side of Lake Marion, the southeast corner of the lake, and east of Lemans.
- 2700 flower bulbs have been planted in preparation of Spring! The flowers will add lots of color to the beautiful landscaping.
- Lake Marion is 1.3 acres in size and is approximatley three feet deep in most areas.
Links for additional information
- American Horticultural Society
- Ohio State University Horticulture and Crop Science
- Purdue University Landscape and Nursery Thesarus
- Redwood Health Services
- Wave Hill
- Nature Trail Guide