Computing resources have become an integral part of higher education, and students at Saint Mary?s College have access to a wide variety of technology resources and support. ResNet refers to the residential
student computer network at Saint Mary's College and the team that supports it. ResNet support is available to assist any student who requests our help with her personal computer during the academic year.
ResNet at Saint Mary's College provides:
- A personal 100Mbps wired Internet connection for every student living in the residence halls.
- Detailed instructions for connecting to the network.
- Disk space on our network (referred to as a "personal network drive") to save files to and/or host a web page. This space is accessible from any networked computer on campus, eliminating the need to carry disks across campus from computer to computer. This network space is also backed up by Information Technology every night, which makes it a secure place for important papers and other files.
- Free virus protection software for your personal computer (McAfee VirusScan for Windows and Mac OS X).
- ResNet Computer Consultants (RCCs) who are available to assist with connecting your computer to the network and other basic computing questions.
- The ResNet Office and the ResNet Helpline, which are staffed in the afternoons and evenings by Residential Computer Consultants (RCCs), for immediate troubleshooting assistance.
Saint Mary's College and Information Technology also provide students with:
- A Saint Mary's e-mail account that is accessible from any computer with access to the Internet.
- A Microsoft Campus Agreement for students that allows students to purchase a single copy each of Office 2007 forWindows, Office 2010 forWindows, Office 2008 for Mac, Office 2011 for Mac, Windows Vista Ultimate Edition and Windows 7 Ultimate Edition. We will offer students the software for $10 per software title for their personal computer.
- Wireless network and Internet access in many academic buildings, as well as the dining hall and student center. Wireless network and Internet access is currently available in most residence halls.
- Approximately 275 computers in our computer clusters - areas with networked Macintosh and Windows computers that have many popular software packages installed on them, as well as course-specific software. Any Saint Mary's student can use the computers in the clusters. There are clusters available in the library, classroom buildings, and each residence hall, many of which are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Even if they own a personal computer, students will often work in the computer clusters because of the software and hardware available. The clusters also provide a study space away from the distractions of a residence hall room.
For more information about ResNet, please visit http://www.saintmarys.edu/resnet
For more information about Computer Clusters, please visit http://www.saintmarys.edu/clusters
For imformation about PrintLimit, our print management system for the Clusters, please visit http://www.saintmarys.edu/~printlimit
To apply online for a position in Information Technology, please visit http://fixit.saintmarys.edu/applications/