Computing resources have become an integral part of higher education, and students at Saint Mary’s College have access to a wide variety of technology resources and support. ResNet refers to the student computer network on campus at Saint Mary's College and to the team that supports it. ResNet support is available to assist any student who requests our help with her personal computer during the academic year.
ResNet at Saint Mary's College provides:
- A personal 100Mbps wired network and Internet connection for every student living in the residence halls.
- 802.11n wireless network and Internet access in all of the residence halls.
- Detailed instructions for connecting to the campus network.
- Free virus protection software for your personal computer (McAfee VirusScan for Windows and McAfee Security for Mac OS X).
- ResNet Computer Consultants (RCCs) who are available to assist with connecting your computer to the network and other basic computing questions. RCCs will also assist students with the removal of malware infecting their computers.
- The ResNet Office and the ResNet Helpline, which are staffed in the afternoons and evenings by ResNet Computer Consultants (RCCs) six days a week for immediate troubleshooting assistance. No appointments are necessary.
Saint Mary's College and Information Technology also provide students with:
- A Saint Mary's e-mail account that is accessible from any computer (and many mobile devices) with access to the Internet.
- Google Apps for Education for communication and collaboration tools, with more than 30GB of cloud storage.
- Disk space on our network (referred to as a "personal network drive"), where students can save their files. This space is accessible from any networked computer on campus, eliminating the need to carry flash drives or other media across campus from computer to computer. This network space is also backed up by Information Technology every night, which makes it a secure place for important papers and other files.
- A Microsoft Campus Agreement that allows students to purchase a single copy each of Office 2011 for Mac, Office 2013 for Windows, Office 2010 for Windows, Windows 8 Pro Upgrade, and Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Upgrade for $10 per software title to install on their personal computer.
- Wireless network and Internet access in all of our academic buildings.
- Over 300 computers in our campus computer clusters - areas with networked Mac and Windows computers that have many popular and course-specific software packages installed on them. Any Saint Mary's student can use the computers in the clusters, and there are clusters available in the library, classroom buildings, and each residence hall. Many of these computers are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Even if they own a personal computer, students will often work in the computer clusters because of the software and hardware available. The clusters also provide a study space away from the distractions of a residence hall room.
For more information about ResNet, please visit http://www.saintmarys.edu/resnet
For more information about Computer Clusters, please visit http://www.saintmarys.edu/clusters
For imformation about PrintLimit, our print management system for the Clusters, please visit http://www.saintmarys.edu/~printlimit
To apply online for a position in Information Technology, please visit http://fixit.saintmarys.edu/applications/