Northern Indiana Consortium for Education (N.I.C.E.)
All full-time Saint Mary's students may take courses not available at SMC at local colleges/universities through the Northern Indiana Consortium for Education (NICE). Students may be admitted to classes on a space-available basis only during the fall or spring semesters. Courses cannot be added before the first class day at the host institution and must be processed by the add deadline at the respective college.
The course work taken through NICE will appear only on the Saint Mary's College transcript. No separate transcript is available from the participating institutions:
- Bethel College
- Goshen College
- Holy Cross College
- Indiana University at South Bend
- Ivy Tech State College
- Purdue College of Technology at South Bend
Procedure for SMC Students
- Obtain the NICE form from the SMC registrar's office.
- Secure approval from your academic advisor AND an advisor in the Academic Affairs Office, 121 Le Mans.
- Obtain signature from the Saint Mary's Registrar.
- Take NICE form to the host college and secure permission (signature) from the instructor of the course.
- Take NICE form to the host registrar who will notify the Saint Mary's registrar that you are officially added to the class.
**STUDENTS: Be sure you are aware of the beginning and ending dates of classes at the host college as well as mid-semester break and other holidays.
Students Attending Saint Mary's College through NICE
- Obtain the NICE form from your home registrar's office.
- Secure approval from the appropriate administrators at your home institution.
- Obtain signature from your home Registrar.
- Take the NICE form to the instructor at Saint Mary's College and secure permission (signature).
- Take the NICE form to the SMC registrar who will notify the your home registrar that you are officially added to the class.
- Be sure all information on the form is completed, including course CRN and your email address.