Where do people speak French?
- Burkina Faso
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Côte d'Ivoire
French Study Abroad Programs
To further enhance our program, language clubs and foreign study opportunities are available as well. Study at Saint Mary's campus in France is strongly encouraged for students considering a minor in French. Learn more about the Saint Mary's College Angers Programs below.
Minor in French
- A minor in French requires 12 semester hours of upper-division course work consisting of the following four courses:
- MLFR 203 The Culture of the Francophone World: Africa and Asia - 3 hours
- MLFR 304 The Culture of the Francophone World: North American and the Caribbean - 3 hours
- MLFR 320 French and the Francophone Cinema - 3 hours
- MLFR 340 Contemporary France - 3 hours
- Language clubs and foreign study opportunities are available as well.
Meet the faculty
visiting assistant professor
senior lecturer (emerita)
Voulez-vous en savoir plus?
Would you like more information? Ask a professor questions about how to apply, what to expect, or even what you can do with a minor in French. We're here and happy to help get you started!