Interfolio is an on-line credential management system used to organize any files necessary for students to apply to graduate school or full-time positions that would require a portfolio or numerous documents in the application process. Students can upload job search and graduate application materials such as: completed applications, letters of recommendation [confidential and non-confidential], writing samples, personal statements or essays, transcripts, and more!
- Writing and Uploading Letters in Interfolio
- Setting Up Your Interfolio Writer's Account
- Technical Assistance with Interfolio
- Writing Letters of Recommendation
Writing and Uploading Letters in Interfolio
As a faculty or staff member, students may ask you to write a recommendation for them. You can do this at no cost to you. Because you control the Letter of Recommendation, you are still able to upload a Confidential Letter of Recommendation if you choose. The student will be unable to view the content of the letter but will know that they have a letter in their account. There are two separate ways to load Letters of Recommendation for students on their Interfolio account:
1. Electronic Upload:
- The student will email you a candidate request form and document ID that is specific to their account.
- Create or login to your free Interfolio writer's account.
- On the Write Recommendations page, enter the document id from the candidate's request form.
- Browse for your document and upload it.
2. Mail in a paper copy of your recommendation:
- If you would prefer to mail in a paper copy of the recommendation, the student will provide you with a request letter (they can print it out) that has the document ID and/or bar code.
- Print and sign your letter of recommendation
- Mail the letter and the candidate's request form to Interfolio at:
Paper Processing Center
1900 L Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
*It is extremely important that you mail the candidate request form with your recommendation. This is how Interfolio can link your recommendation to the correct student.
Setting Up Your Interfolio Writer’s Account
- Click on this link to set-up an account
- Fill in the necessary fields.
- Affiliation: There are two options for Saint Mary’s affiliations.
- If you have a student who has obtained a Pre-Health Interfolio account, the correct affiliation is: Saint Mary’s College, IN—PreMed
- If the student is using the general account their affiliation is: Saint Mary’s College- IN
- Once you have obtained an Interfolio Writer’s account, you may follow the procedures for uploading a document in your preferred method.