Information for Graduates
Checklist for Graduates
Here's what both graduate and undergraduate seniors need to know and do to prepare for Commencement.
Petition for Graduation
- Submit completed petition for graduation form to the Registrar’s Office by March 1.
- Attend the Graduation Fair on Wednesday, April 1, 2020, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Rice Commons, Student Center.
- You can:
- order your cap, gown, and hood
- speak with Financial Aid
- explore Graduate Programs
- visit with IT and review computing after ResNet
- learn about our Alumnae Association
- visit Admissions S.M.A.R.T.
- connect with Career Crossings
- purchase a class ring or have your ring cleaned at the Balfour display
- contribute to the Class Gift Campaign
- register your official name
- view the Commencement DVD
- prepare for graduation
- For those not able to attend, information will be emailed to you.
Cap, Gowns, and Hoods
- Deadline is April 1.
- Call the Bookstore at (574) 284-4719 to order regalia.
- Orders placed on or before April 1st will receive a 10% discount.
- Orders can be picked up at the Bookstore or shipped (shipping fees apply).
- Buying your academic attire will cost about $65–$127.
- If you fail to order by April 1, we cannot guarantee academic attire in your size.
- Confirm that there is no hold on your student account.
- If you have a hold on your account, you will not be able to order transcripts or receive your diploma.
- You are responsible for resolving the hold. Contact the office that placed the hold on your account for more information.
Schedule Exit Interview
- Complete student loan exit counseling by May 9.
- If you are graduating in May or December of 2020 and have borrowed Federal Direct Student Loans while enrolled at Saint Mary's, you are required to complete your exit loan requirements to receive your diploma. Online exit counseling can be completed at studentloans.gov by logging in with your FSA ID. You will see the online exit counseling requirement on PRISM after March 1, 2020, if you need to complete this step.
- In-person exit counseling is not required for graduate students but you are welcome to attend any of the sessions for undergraduates. Each session will last approximately 45 minutes. The session will provide you with valuable information on your loan borrowing history, repayment options, and personal financial planning.
- Set-up or change your loan repayment plan.
- Contact your student loan servicer. You can find your student loan servicer by logging into NSLDS.