Information for Graduates
Checklist for Graduates
Here's what both graduate and undergraduate seniors need to know and do to prepare for Commencement.
Petition for Graduation
- Submit completed petition for graduation form to the Registrar’s Office by March 1.
Complete Exit Interview
- The on-campus Graduation Fair was canceled. Please review this information before Graduation:
- Register your official name with Academic Affairs. Leave a recording of you saying your name three times if you are concerned your name might be mispronounced. Please call 574-284-4594 no later than May 8.
- Undergraduates may purchase their cap, gown, hood, and tassel online from the Shaheen Bookstore. Order graduation accessories from the Bookstore.
- Update your permanent mailing address at email@example.com
- Connect with Career Crossings at firstname.lastname@example.org Complete the Post-Saint Mary's Plans and Career Needs Survey to let us know how we can assist!
- Explore Graduate Programs at grad.saintmarys.edu
- Review Computing after ResNet at www.saintmarys.edu/resnet/computingafterresnet.html
- Take a look at our amazing list of Alumnae Clubs and Contacts around the country! Staying connected to Saint Mary's is easy when you are involved with a club, or get together with other Belles in your area! If you don't see something for your area, please email us at email@example.com.
- Visit Admissions S.M.A.R.T. Learn more at this link: saintmarys.edu/admission-aid/alumnae-recruiters/smart
- Purchase a class ring, announcements, and more graduation items at the Balfour website.
- Contribute to the Class Gift Campaign.
Questions? Contact the Office of the President by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cap, Gown, and Hood
- The Shaheen Bookstore is the regalia resource for Saint Mary's graduates. All undergraduate regalia can be ordered online. The package includes your cap, gown, hood, and tassel. The cost of the undergrad regalia is $56 + sales tax, and is yours to keep. It cannot be returned. Seniors may choose to wait and order their regalia before the in-person ceremony (the date has yet to be determined).
- Regalia must be purchased by Friday, May 1 to guarantee arrival by May 16. When ordering, you must include your height, weight, and degree information in the special instruction box. Shipping is FREE, but you must click the free shipping option when ordering. In store pickup is not available.
Graduate students: all rental orders for your regalia have been cancelled.