The Offices of Admission and Academic Affairs look forward to reviewing your application. To be considered for admission, we like to see a cumulative GPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) or that you at least completed your two most recent full-time semesters at a 2.7. Don’t worry about submitting your mid-term grades, but be aware that we may request them once we begin to review your application.
Academic Affairs will evaluate your transcript(s) to determine which courses will transfer to Saint Mary's and how those credits will apply toward your graduation requirements. You’ll receive an evaluation that includes this information, as well as an estimate of how long it will take you to complete your intended major.
Transfer Credit Policy
The academic departments determine how to apply courses taken in the major, and Academic Affairs determines how courses are applied toward general education and elective requirements based on the following conditions:
- A minimum of 128 semester hours are required to graduate from Saint Mary's, and at least 60 of those hours must be completed at the College.
- A maximum of one-half of courses required for your major may be transferred into the College.
- Credit will be granted only for college-level coursework with a grade of C or better. Developmental coursework and technical courses do not transfer.
- No credit will be granted for courses taken again at Saint Mary's College.
- No college-level course used to satisfy an admission requirement may also be awarded college credit.
- No transfer credit will be accepted for courses taken before you completed your 11th year of school.
- All courses taken at regionally accredited universities and colleges will be evaluated for transfer credit.
Approval of courses is based on the official transcripts and course descriptions that you provide with your application. Any questions regarding the transfer of credits should be directed to the Office of Academic Affairs at (574) 284-4594.