Academic Merit Scholarships and Awards
Merit Award Range for Students Entering in Fall 2023:
For maximum merit scholarship consideration, you must complete your admission application and submit all required credentials by no later than February 15. There is no separate scholarship application. The Saint Mary's Scholarship Committee evaluates your academic profile by reviewing:
- The challenge of your curriculum
- Cumulative grade point average and grade trends
- Class rank (if available)
- SAT and/or ACT test scores when considered for admission
Factors are not considered in isolation, so you present your own unique profile. Recipients are selected at the time of admission. Transfer students are also reviewed at the time of admission, on the basis of their academic achievements in previous college credit earned.
Terms, Conditions and Renewal
Academic merit scholarships and awards:
- Are renewable - Maximum of eight total fall and spring semesters
- Require full-time, undergraduate enrollment (at least 12 credits per semester)
- Are restricted to tuition; will not be applied to room, board or other expenses
- The award amount remains the same each year, i.e., the amount will not increase in future years as our tuition increases
- Are awarded one semester at a time
- Are applicable for Saint Mary’s study abroad programs
- Are awarded at the time of admission and students retain the same award while enrolled full time at Saint Mary's College
- May be reduced if other tuition-restricted funds are received from outside sources in excess of the cost of tuition, such as tuition remission or other scholarships
The amounts mentioned above reflect the amounts awarded to new students who are entering Saint Mary's College in the fall of 2023. The award amounts may differ for students who first enrolled at Saint Mary's College before or after the fall of 2023.
Saint Mary's College also offers transfer students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa a $1,500 scholarship that's renewable each year as long as the student maintains full-time undergraduate enrollment.