Academic Merit Scholarships and Awards
For maximum merit scholarship consideration, you must complete your admission application and submit all required credentials by no later than February 15. There is no separate scholarship application. The Saint Mary's Scholarship Committee evaluates your academic profile by reviewing:
- The challenge of your curriculum
- Cumulative grade point average and grade trends
- Class rank (if available)
- SAT and/or ACT test scores
Factors are not considered in isolation, so you present your own unique profile. Recipients are selected at the time of admission. Transfer students are also reviewed at the time of admission, on the basis of their academic achievements in previous college credit earned.
Terms, Conditions and Renewal
Academic merit scholarships and awards:
- Are renewable for a maximum of eight fall and spring semesters
- Require full-time enrollment (at least 12 credits per semester)
- Require a minimum cumulative grade point average for renewal (listed below)
- Are restricted to tuition; will not be applied to room, board or other expenses
- The award amount remains the same each year, i.e., the amount will not increase in future years as our tuition increases
- Are awarded one semester at a time
- Are applicable for Saint Mary’s study abroad programs
- Are awarded at the time of admission and students retain the same award while enrolled at Saint Mary's College (assuming renewal criteria are met)
- May be reduced if other tuition-restricted funds are received from outside sources in excess of the cost of tuition, such as tuition remission or other scholarships
Renewal criteria is reviewed every May, after final grades are posted. GPAs are cumulative, and are not rounded up. To renew a scholarship, the cumulative GPAs in the table below must be maintained each May.
The amounts below reflect the amounts awarded to new students who entered Saint Mary's College in the fall of 2017. The award amounts may differ for students who first enrolled at Saint Mary's College before or after the fall of 2017.
|Moreau Presidential Scholarship||$25,000||3.0|
|Le Mans Award||$15,000||2.5|
|Brother Andre Award||$5,000||2.0|
Starting in the 2016-2017 school year, for students looking to begin in Spring 2017 and beyond, Saint Mary's College also offers transfer students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa a $1,500 scholarship that's renewable each year as long as the student maintains a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.