McCandless is the most traditional first-year hall that is known to be a more social experience. With fewer singles than Regina, McCandless promotes interaction yet provides a quieter study space as well. Each resident (regardless of room type) is assigned a shared study carrel — an air-conditioned study space with your own desk and chair. It provides the perfect retreat to focus on studies when needed.
There is a lounge on each of the five floors with soft seating and a TV where you’ll often find residents spending time either hanging out or doing homework together. McCandless also features Niner’s Lounge which has computers and tables for small study groups.
- Class Years: First Year Students
- Meal Plan: Required
- Residence Hall Style: Traditional
- Room Types: Singles, Doubles, Triples
- Extras: Sink in Each Room
- Study Space: Air Conditioned Carrels
- Bathrooms: Community on each floor