The following hourly positions are currently available. Please click on the links below to view the full posting.
Candidates interested in the available positions should submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. Mail to Saint Mary's College, Office of Human Resources, 104 Facilities Building, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556.
Building Leader: Responsible for supervising and training staff in the building(s) to ensure that work is completed in a timely and effective manner. Assists as needed in completion of work assignments. Responsible for scheduling work within assigned building(s) with a clear understanding of building utilization and cleaning needs. Examples of job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Issues work orders in School Dude as appropriate.
- Directly responsible for the quality of work completed by the Building Services staff in the building(s).
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies and requisitions materials on a monthly basis.
- Acts as a liaison with residence hall director if a leader in a residential building.
- Acts as a liaison with department staff if a leader in an academic building.
- Dispense and monitor use of cleaning supplies.
- Provides training of new staff members.
- Routinely inspects team’s work areas to ensure appropriate cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Assigns work schedules within building(s). Coordinates overtime for employees in the building.
- Functions as a working supervisor.
- When possible, fills in for absent building attendance within own building.
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a valid driver’s license; good written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to lift heavy boxes (50-75 pounds), operate heavy cleaning equipment, and climb ladders to reach high places. Five (5) years of related work experience is preferred along with three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Heavy Building Attendant, Third Shift: The Heavy Building attendant is responsible for cleaning campus buildings including: mopping, stripping and/or finishing floors, cleaning areas requiring use of ladder, operating heavy cleaning equipment, rodent and pest control and moving furniture or classroom building materials. This is a non-exempt, full-time position working the third shift hours of 11:00pm to 7:00am.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a valid driver’s license, possess organizational skills and the ability to work with others, the ability to climb ladders to reach high places, the ability to lift/push/pull heavy items (50-75 pounds), and the ability to operate heavy cleaning equipment. One to two years of related job experience is preferred.
Sodexo, the leader in Campus Food Service, is now accepting online applications for their Saint Mary's College location. Interviews will be scheduled after the online application and assessment have been completed. Schedules may vary, must be available nights and weekends. Please apply online at the link below. At Sodexo, we value workforce diversity. Sodexo is a EEO/AA/Minority/Femail/Disability/Veteran Employer. Please visit Sodexo at: http://sodexo.balancetrak.com/lists/626/default.aspx?q=ydTKrSFkh%2fLq3Az...
Please click on the link above and enter 46556 into the search to locate openings at this specific location. Please do NOT send resumes to Human Resources for any Sodexo positions, please visit the above-referenced site for any Sodexo positions.
Saint Mary's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College's mission, Saint Mary's is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels - students, faculty, and staff - and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.