The following hourly positions are currently available. Please click on the links below to view the full posting.
Candidates interested in the available positions should submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references electronically to email@example.com or via U.S. Mail to Saint Mary's College, Office of Human Resources, 104 Facilities Building, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556.
Skilled Maintenance Worker: Troubleshoots, installs, inspects, operates and repairs mechanical systems and equipment including fire alarm/suppression systems, mechanical equipment systems, plumbing, and electrical equipment in support of trades. Performs semi-skilled and skilled work in the general maintenance of the College involving work in construction, mechanical maintenance, electrical work and painting. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Examples of job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installs, replaces, and/or repairs various items involving mechanical, electrical, or construction work. These items may include partitions, doors, windows, screens, building hardware, air ducts, steam traps, plumbing fixtures, and plumbing pipes.
- Performs general carpentry work from blueprints or written and verbal instructions.
- Makes alternations and repairs in office buildings.
- Cuts, solders, welds or brazes metals.
- Paints walls, ceilings and trim with water and oil based paints or varnish/stain.
- Assists in installing, repairing, and replacing HVAC equipment.
- Operates power tools.
- Plans and coordinates, with the Supervisor, an inventory of parts for the repair or maintenance of the systems and equipment under their area of responsibility. Estimates quantity of materials needed.
- Is actively involved in maintaining work sites, work station, shops, tools and mechanical spaces in a safe, clean, organized manner.
- Maintains service manuals, logs, record keeping, blueprints and schematics as required.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Provide assistance to fellow staff in a supportive, positive manner.
- Serve as a teacher/instructor to other staff members by participation in the Orientation Training Program, annual in-service training, and other instruction as deemed necessary by supervision.
- Utilizes the computer to provide written reports as directed by the Director of Maintenance.
- Performs assigned Preventive Maintenance.
- Follows established procedures in placing orders for materials needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Utilizes the CMMS (School Dude) in performance of assigned tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent, with preference for specialized training of one to four years, apprenticeship or trade school courses with certificates in related areas. At least four years of general maintenance or related experience is required. Must have a valid driver’s license; the analytical ability to plan jobs from minimum specifications; knowledge of locks and lock repair; and knowledge of computers, email, and Microsoft Office. Must be able to lift and carry 70 pounds.
Administrative Assistant - Center for Women's Intercultural Leadership (CWIL): Provides complex secretarial services and administrative assistance to CWIL Director and staff, as well as to the History Department. Responsibilities include secretarial assistance, complex budget maintenance, data entry, and event coordination for a variety of diverse programs, including the International/Global Education programs, the Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative, the Intercultural Leadership, the English Language School, and the Scholarship components of CWIL. Responsibilities of the position require efficient application of secretarial and budgeting skills, a moderate degree of decision-making and independence of action. Duties for the History department are as described above, general secretarial, budget management, and student worker supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience and at least five years of prior secretarial experience is required.
This position is internal only through April 19, 2017.
Heavy Building Attendant, Third Shift: The Heavy Building attendant is responsible for cleaning campus buildings including: mopping, stripping and/or finishing floors, cleaning areas requiring use of ladder, operating heavy cleaning equipment, rodent and pest control and moving furniture or classroom building materials. This is a non-exempt, full-time position working the third shift hours of 11:00pm to 7:00am.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a valid driver’s license, possess organizational skills and the ability to work with others, the ability to climb ladders to reach high places, the ability to lift/push/pull heavy items (50-75 pounds), and the ability to operate heavy cleaning equipment. One to two years of related job experience is preferred.
Sodexo, the leader in Campus Food Service, is now accepting online applications for their Saint Mary's College location. Interviews will be scheduled after the online application and assessment have been completed. Schedules may vary, must be available nights and weekends. Please apply online at the link below. At Sodexo, we value workforce diversity. Sodexo is a EEO/AA/Minority/Femail/Disability/Veteran Employer. Please visit Sodexo at: http://sodexo.balancetrak.com/lists/626/default.aspx?q=ydTKrSFkh%2fLq3Az...
Please click on the link above and enter 46556 into the search to locate openings at this specific location. Please do NOT send resumes to Human Resources for any Sodexo positions, please visit the above-referenced site for any Sodexo positions.
Saint Mary's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College's mission, Saint Mary's is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels - students, faculty, and staff - and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.