The following hourly positions are currently available. Please click on the links below to view the full posting.
Candidates interested in the available positions should submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. Mail to Saint Mary's College, Office of Human Resources, 104 Facilities Building, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556.
Heavy Building Attendant: The Heavy Building attendant is responsible for cleaning campus buildings including: mopping, stripping and/or finishing floors, cleaning areas requiring use of ladder, operating heavy cleaning equipment, rodent and pest control and moving furniture or classroom building materials. There are two available positions, working the hours of 3pm to 11pm.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a valid driver’s license, possess organizational skills and the ability to work with others, the ability to climb ladders to reach high places, the ability to lift/push/pull heavy items (50-75 pounds), and the ability to operate heavy cleaning equipment. One to two years of related job experience is preferred.
Administrative Assistant: Provides complex secretarial services and administrative assistance to members of the Education Department. Responsibilities of the position require efficient application of secretarial skills, a moderate degree of decision-making and independence of action. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to requests for information or supplies, requiring an in-depth knowledge of all of the policies and procedures of the department.
- Maintains office or departmental files, including confidential files.
- Maintains and monitors departmental office budgets and assist in preparing upcoming budget year.
- Acts as the public relations representative of the department and office; answers questions and directs visitors and callers to the appropriate faculty or staff member.
- Establishes and maintains a departmental or office filing system.
- Orders supplies and keeps stocks available for faculty or staff members.
- Responsible for processing data and organizing in quantitative report format for completing reports on a periodic basis.
- Trains student employees and maintains professional work environment for student assistants. Monitors and maintains high quality performances.
- Coordinates details associated with planning departmental meetings, presentations and trios such as with room reservations, ordering food, scheduling needed equipment, vehicle request and hotel reservations.
- Performs clerical tasks such as typing various departmental forms, syllabi letters and lists, filing, distributing packages, processing bills, cleaning cabinets.
- Preparing departmental brochures and other informational items concerning departmental programs.
- Orders desk copy of books to be used in departmental class.
- Maintains confidential student records by updating with current transcripts using certification check lists. Makes Chair aware of any situations needing attention.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least four years of prior secretarial experience. The ability to use a personal computer including a working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 24, 2017
Staff Assistant: Provides secretarial services and administrative assistance to the Office of Student Involvement and the Office of Residence Life. Responsibilities of the position require efficient application of administrative and computer skills, a moderate degree of decision-making and independence of action. This position must be able to maintain positive interpersonal relationships and effectively communicate with students, faculty, staff and the community. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides primary administrative support to the Office of Student Involvement and administrative support to the Office of Residence Life.
- Provide secondary/back-up support to the Office of Multicultural Services.
- Provides quality customer service to students, faculty, staff, parents, and the community.
- Communicates with other offices/institutions regarding campus/departments events, programs, etc.
- Performs clerical tasks such as making appointments, composes correspondences, screening calls, and greeting visitors.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates departmental files.
- Process invoices, prepare purchase orders, and order office supplies.
- Trains and supervises student employees.
- Assumes responsibility for various administrative tasks and reports associated with departmental processes.
- Coordinate various departmental, campus and community events and activities.
- Creates materials and publications and reviews/revises materials and publications.
- Promotes activities and shares information via social media sites and college websites.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma/equivalent with 2 years of experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office, database management, and graphics programs. A bachelor’s degree and experience in an education related atmosphere are preferred.
Electrician: Saint Mary’s College seeks an Electrician to perform skilled work in the installation, repair and maintenance of all electrical and electronic systems, apparatus, fixtures, motors, motor controls, instruments, wiring, fire and access systems belonging to the College.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or equivalent, detailed knowledge on fire alarm systems and electronic card access systems. Minimum four years of experience, preference given to a licensed electrician.
Sodexo, the leader in Campus Food Service, is now accepting online applications for their Saint Mary's College location. Interviews will be scheduled after the online application and assessment have been completed. Schedules may vary, must be available nights and weekends. Please apply online at the link below. At Sodexo, we value workforce diversity. Sodexo is a EEO/AA/Minority/Femail/Disability/Veteran Employer. Please visit Sodexo at: http://sodexo.balancetrak.com/lists/626/default.aspx?q=ydTKrSFkh%2fLq3Az...
Please click on the link above and enter 46556 into the search to locate openings at this specific location. Please do NOT send resumes to Human Resources for any Sodexo positions, please visit the above-referenced site for any Sodexo positions.
Saint Mary's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College's mission, Saint Mary's is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels - students, faculty, and staff - and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.