Our faculty are exceptional. Not just experts in their fields. They're supportive. Engaging. Enthusiastic. And they care about you, the student, making sure you have the tools to succeed.
“I'm not just mentoring our students as a speech and language pathologist or as a teacher, but also as a woman and as another human being.”
—Susan Latham, assistant professor, communicative disorders
- 83% of full time faculty have terminal degrees in their fields
- Small classes averaging 18 students
- Student-to-faculty ratio of 10:1
- Classes taught by professors, not graduate teaching assistants
Recent Faculty Award Recipients
Each year, we recogize our faculty for recent accomplishments.
- The Spes Unica Award for teaching, scholarship, and service was awarded to professor of political science and chair of the Department of Political Science, Marc Belanger.
- The Maria Pieta Award for teaching excellence was awarded to associate professor of religious studies and chair of the Department of Gender and Women's Studies, Stacy Davis at Commencement 2015.
- Fran Kominkiewicz, professor and chair of the Department of Social Work and Gerontology, was presented The Kevin J. (ND ’77) and Marijo Rogers Kelly ’77 Service Award in April 2015. This award recognizes a faculty member who demonstrates exceptional commitment to local, regional, national, or international service to his or her academic field.
- The 2015 Carmi and Chris Murphy Faculty Award for Student Mentorship of the Senior Comprehensive, was presented to Patrick Pierce, professor of political science. Pierce is the first recipient of the award, which was established through the recently concluded Faith Always, Action Now comprehensive campaign.
- Susan Latham '91, associate professor of communicative sciences and disorders, was honored with the Donald R. (ND ’73) and Nora Barry Fischer ’73 Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence in April 2015. This award recognizes excellences in discipline-specific teaching by a faculty member in upper-division courses in a major.
Want to know more? Explore our faculty profiles to learn about the community of scholars who will help you learn, grow, achieve, and succeed at Saint Mary’s College.