Inspiring the Next Generation
Want to help and care for others? This summer program is designed for girls interested in understanding what it means to have a career in the health sciences. Saint Mary’s College faculty will lead participants in our newly renovated Center for Integrated Healthcare Education, providing a best-in-class, high-tech atmosphere for learning and engagement in many healthcare disciplines.
Faculty will combine lessons on a variety of healthcare topics, introductions to different professions, and hands-on skill practice and simulation experience. Activities will include:
- Presentations by Saint Mary's faculty and guest speakers
- Simulated patient care experiences with high-tech medical mannequins
- Health assessment skill practice
- A tour of a local hospital
- CPR certification
- Upon completion of the program, participants will receive one hour of elective college credit from Saint Mary's College!
Throughout the program, participants will interact with healthcare professionals in various fields and visit one of our local hospitals. Their time will be enriched by opportunities to create new friendships, develop valuable pre-college skills and experience life on a college campus!
2024 Camp Information
Healthcare Summer Institute
For girls entering grades 9-12 as of September 2024
Dates: Week 1 | July 14-19
Dates: Week 2 | July 21-26
Scholarships Available - Apply Now
$50 Early Bird Discount Available Until March 31st