Graduate Studies Office
Phone: (574) 284-5098
Text: (574) 485-7629
Fax: (574) 284-4120
Kelly Burns, Director of Admission for Graduate Studies
Rebecca Gearhart, Administrative Assistant
Main Campus Phone Number
Mail transcripts to:
Saint Mary’s College
Office of Graduate Studies
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5001
Being admitted is a big step on the road to earning your graduate degree. Now it’s time to focus on what comes next. This page contains the information you need to get ready for your first day of class. Communications from your department will contain specific dates and deadlines.
Saint Mary’s College is currently in the process of certification to welcome international students into our graduate programs. Additional information will be posted as it becomes available. Once certified, Saint Mary's will welcome graduate applications from citizens of other countries. In addition to our International Orientation Program, Saint Mary's College provides dedicated international student services, advising, and programming.
On-campus housing for graduate students in the speech language pathology program is available in Regina Hall. All other students enrolled in a graduate program at SMC will live off campus. Luckily, rental options for off-campus apartments and houses are plentiful—many within walking or biking distance—providing students with a convenient commute to campus for classes, and the surrounding areas for a vibrant social scene.
Dining opportunities on campus include the Noble Family Dining Hall and 1844 Cafe located inside the Student Center, and Murphy’s Cafe located inside Angela Athletic & Wellness Center. There are also two commuter lounge/kitchen areas available. One is located next to Rice Commons, and the other is in the lower level of Le Mans Hall.
Part of what makes Saint Mary’s such a vibrant hub for graduate student life is the number of support services we offer. From technological support to assistance with registration to health services, Saint Mary's provides the support you need to thrive.
- Campus Ministry – The Campus Ministry Office offers numerous outreach programs and events for students of all faiths and traditions.
- Campus Safety – Campus Safety ensures the safety and well-being of all students. In addition to emergency response, the department provides a safety escort service, help for stranded students, and information about transportation to and from campus
- Information Technology – Information Technology at Saint Mary’s is your go-to resource when you need help with your computer, network access, using your online learning tools, security concerns, and even campus ID cards.
- Health Services – The Health and Counseling Center supports your health and wellness through healthcare services and referrals, confidential counseling services and general health education
- Library – Graduate students have full access to the entirety of the Cushwa-Leighton Library
- Research Support – Video
- Registrar – The Office of the Registrar can help with class registration and enrollment
- Student Affairs – The Student Affairs Office provides co-curricular support and activities that contribute to your academic success