Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, along with the names and phone numbers of three professional references to: Human Resources, Facilities Building, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556 or send electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Counselor: Saint Mary’s College has an immediate opening for a full-time admission counselor to coordinate and implement recruiting activities within an assigned territory, serve as liaison to high school counselors, evaluate applicants for admission and interview prospective students and their parents. Candidates must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, including exceptional public speaking and telephone skills. Strong organizational ability, high energy, a willingness to travel nationally, valid driver’s license and good driving record, and computer skills are required for this position. Candidates must also have the ability to work as a team member in an enrollment management setting. A bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree or a minimum of one year of work experience is preferred.
Assistant Director - Office for Civic and Social Engagement: Saint Mary’s College seeks a full-time, 10 month Assistant Director to work with the development, implementation and administration of community based programming (volunteer and academic pursuits). Primary duties include assisting with Title I after-school programs (such as recruiting SMC students and developing curriculum for tutors to utilize when working with elementary and middle school students), running workshops on campus, coordinating on-campus drives, working with student service clubs, and updating/developing online social media resources. Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of one year working in a K-12 school environment, two years of administrative experience in the area of community service/volunteerism, strong skills working with a diversity of socio-economic, racial and ethnic populations, and strong computer skills. One year of experience working within a higher education institution is preferred. Application deadline is April 14, 2014.
Campaign Communications Assistant: Saint Mary's College seeks a full time Campaign Communications Assistant. This is a temporary, 1 year appointment. The Assistant will be responsible for project management of publications and materials for Saint Mary's comprehensive campaign and will report to, and provide support for, the Assistant Vice President for Development in the production of campaign publications: brochures, proposals, and materials for all campaign events. Please see the full job description below:
The Campaign Communications Assistant will:
Serve as the project manager for the production of materials for campaign events until the campaign celebration event in spring 2015
Write and edit gift proposals for individuals in collaboration with gift officers and the Director of Development
In collaboration with the Assistant Vice President for Development, write and edit campaign publications that may include brochures, an annual report, campaign wrap-up report, and text for the campaign website
Write scripts or narratives for volunteer workshops, special events, or other projects, as assigned
A college or university degree, preferably in journalism, public relations communications or writing
Demonstrated skill in writing and editing articles, brochures or stories
A writing style that reflects creativity and enthusiasm
The ability to work independently within a fast-paced development program
A commitment to working collaboratively with other staff members
A solid understanding of, and commitment to, highest professional public relations and development standards
Understanding of, and appreciation for, Saint Mary’s mission
Term of Employment
Temporary, one-year appointment
Major Gifts Director: Saint Mary’s College seeks a Major Gifts Director to identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit partners within assigned regions with a gift capacity of $25,000+. Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in a related field, and a minimum of five years of direct fundraising experience or transferable marketing/sales skills strongly preferred. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, strong work ethic, and proven experience in achieving goals in prior positions. Extensive travel is necessary in order to achieve goal of 15 face to face visits each month with prospective and current donors. A full job description is below:
Works in partnership with the Director of Development to engage the College’s closest partners resulting in increased investment in the College.
Exercises supervision over support staff and volunteers as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Five years of fund raising experience or transferable marketing/sales skills strongly preferred.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess reliable organizational and relationship building skills.
• Must have strong work ethic and proven experience in achieving goals in prior positions.
• Must be committed to mission of the College.
• Skill in completing tasks with little to no direction.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Effective major gifts fundraiser who has a convincing track record of building long term relationships with prospective donors preferably in higher education.
• Basic understanding of planned giving.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Implement the College’s fundraising strategy as it relates to major gifts, including qualification, assessment, and cultivation of donors. Initiate and strengthen relationships with donors creating an individual plan for each. Use College resources, including Banner database and in house research, to identify top prospects and solicit individuals capable of providing one time gifts of $25,000 and greater.
• Extensive travel necessary to develop donor relationships across the country.
• Manage a personal portfolio of approximately 150 high-level major gift prospects.
o Set and meet both annual giving and major gift objectives for each of the 150 prospects under direct management.
o Implement qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for each of the 150 prospects under direct management.
o Involve assigned prospects in the mission and priorities of the College.
• Help to promote Saint Mary’s planned giving program.
• Prepare materials for president and volunteers for high level engagement with key prospects.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a
• Dynamic professional with direct major gifts experience, preferably in an independent school or higher education setting.
• Sophisticated fundraiser with strong interpersonal skills able to communicate with passion the mission of Saint Mary’s College.
• Strong writer with the ability to create and edit documents for prospective and current donors.
• Strategic thinker and a good listener who has demonstrated resourcefulness in working collaboratively with many constituencies.
• Successful and energetic individual experienced in recruiting and coordinating volunteers.
• Highly motivated representative of the College who is genuinely passionate about education and sincerely interested in others.
• An entrepreneurial individual with a good sense of humor.
Manager of Energy & Facilities Projects: Full-time Manager to provide professional services & leadership to identify opportunities and implement strategies to operate building systems in an effective mode of operation. Supports the development of new buildings or building improvement projects; develop and manage the central building automation system and building re-commissioning initiative. Operates and maintains AutoCAD drawing database and updates as projects take place. Qualifications include bachelor’s degree or 10 years working experience in electrical or mechanical design. Education or experience in mechanical or electrical design, a minimum of five (5) years of experience in energy management, mechanical system design, construction, and/or maintenance, or closely related field also required.
Saint Mary's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College's mission, Saint Mary's is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels - students, faculty, and staff - and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.