Your Fitness is 100% MENTAL! Your body WON’T GO where your mind doesn’t push it!
Self-Care is essential during this time of quarentine, isolation and uncertainty. No matter which situaltion you may find yourself in, do you best to remember that taking care of yourself, mentally and emotionally plays a very large role in your overall health. Here are some tips to help you practice self-care during the pandemic.
Self Care Tips
- Flip through some old photographs (in your phone, computer or photo album).
- Use online tutorials to learn something new.
- Write about something that's bothering you for 10 minutes, and then throw the paper away or rip it up!
- Challenge yourself to not use your phone for at least the first 30 minutes after you wake up.
- Identify three of the most important goals you want to achieve that day...and they can be big or small.
- Read a book for at least an hour.
- Groove out to music you haven't listened to in years.
- Unplug from social media for at least a few hours...or even longer.
- Stretch your body!
- Listen to at least one podcast episode. Bonus points if it's on a topic you've been wanting to learn more about, but never find the time to
- Call a friend you haven't talked to in awhile.
- Make a list of three things that are going "right" for you that day or week. Do it that morning, that afternoon and that evening.
- Map out the next few weeks in a calendar, journal or planner, and schedule fun time and breaks during stressful periods.
- Unfollow or hide social media accounts that don't give you positive energy or inspiration.
- Write your favorite quotes or inspiring affirmations on sticky notes that you can put in your room, on your laptop, in your car, etc.
- Enjoy watching at least an hour of your favorite TV show - and don't feel guilty or like you're "wasting time."
- Do something creative for at least thirty minutes!
- Paint your nails, oil pull, do a face mask or any other beauty treatment you rarely take time for.
- Write a card to someone for no reason besides saying hi.
- Smile for at least 30 seconds, even if you don't feel like doing it.
- Make time to unwind
Need Help or Know some who does?
The Health and Counseling Center can still help even if classes are not in session. Call 574-284-4805 or others:
Disaster Distress Hotline - 1-800-985-5990, Text TalkWithUs to 66746
Coronavirus Stress & Coping Page from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Fun Ways to Stay Organized in College
Create Seasonal Binder Covers
Utilize the Inside Front Pocket
Create a Seasonal Inside Cover Page
Create a Sticky-Note Dashboard
Create a Planning Section
Create a Reference Section & Use Free Printables (The Periodic Table, The Unit Circle, A Master Calculus or Physics Equation Sheet, Root Words, The Geologic Time Scale, Common Foreign Language Words or Alphabets, Common Medical Terminology, Unit Conversions)Bottom of Form
Section off Each Class
Color Code your Classes
Sub-divide your Class Material Using Mini-Dividers (Class Information, Handouts, Notes, Exams/Quizzes, Assignments, Class Projects, Labs, Reference Material, Readings)
Create Colorful Notes
Utilize Binder Clips
Create a DIY Pen Loop
Create Removable Bookmarks
Use a Portable Hole Punch
Maintain your Organized College Binder
Podcasts to Listen to on Spotify, Pandora, YouTube
- TED Talks Daily
- Crime in Sports
- Anna Faris is Unqualified
- Ctrl Alt Delete with Emma Gannon
- We Do Science! The Guru Performance Podcast
- Nutrition Bytes with Jessica Siegel
- The Psychology of Eating
- Bachelor Happy Hour – The Official Bachelor Podcast
- The Now Age
- The Spiritual Forum
- Catholic Answers Live
- Ologies by Alie Ward
- Pardon My Take (Barstool)
- Build Your Tribe by Chalene Johnson
- 1609 Podcast
- Divine Office
- Ali on the Run
- Citius Mag Podcast
- Master Mind, Body and Spirit
- Keeping Track
- Power In Mind
- The Highlight Real
- The Word on Fire
- Catholic Connection
Headspace - Mindfulness app with guided meditation that teaches you the essentials of living a healthier, happier life.
Calm - Audio programs to bring clarity, joy, and peace into your daily life. Enjoy less anxiety and better sleep.
ThinkUp - Build self-improvement program that develop motivation and a positive mindset to succeed using positive affirmations. This impacts health, prosperity, and happiness.
Unique Daily Affirmations - Helps to bring you out from under the clouds and make positive changes in your life. Your positive quotes are read daily to envision your personal success.
Happify - Brings you tools to take control of your emotional wellbeing with games and puzzles to reduce stress, overcome negative thoughts, and build resilience.
The Gratitude Journal - Journal your way to a restored sense of daily wellbeing and vitality; each is based on positive psychology, these daily gratitude prompts inspire a consistent habit, improve health, happiness and relationships.
Virtual Hope Box - Contains simple tools to with coping, relaxation, distraction, and positive thinking. Techniques can include family photos, videos and messages from loved ones, music and positive life experiences.
**No company has offered advertisement or endorsement for this brochure. All information presented is directly taken from the app and user experience.
***There are more apps available on your Google Play or Apple Store than listed here. All apps listed are free apps however, many apps have in-app purchases to fulfil all amenities.
**** These apps will NOT cure or treatment disease, or illness, or guarantee results. Please seek medical attention or advice if pain or complications appear.