We want to learn about what makes you, you. Your talents, your passions, your skills, your potential. The admission committee carefully considers a wide variety of your accomplishments and experiences during the evaluation process. We pay particular attention to the unique qualities you possess, including:
- academic accomplishments as evidenced by rigor of coursework, grades, grade trends
- SAT or ACT scores (unless you plan to apply Test Optional)
- extracurricular activities
- community service and leadership experience
- personal essay
- recommendations from counselors, teachers, coaches and other personal acquaintances
- high school transcript*
- SAT or ACT scores (unless you plan to apply Test Optional) - our code for the SAT is 1702 and our code for the ACT is 1244 (writing scores are optional)
- secondary school report
- personal essay
- recommendation from at least one counselor/teacher/coach/etc
*Please note: Saint Mary's requires a GPA on a 4.0 scale. If the high school grading scale is something other than a 4 pt scale, we will convert the GPA to a 4 pt scale. If the high school weights based on AP, IB, and Honors courses, Saint Mary's will follow suit and reflect that in the 4 pt GPA.
For admission to Saint Mary’s, you should complete a minimum of 16 academic units (one unit represents one year of study) in high school that include:
- four years of English
- three years of college prep mathematics
- two years of laboratory science
- two years of the same foreign language
- two years of social studies
- three additional units in any of the above areas, for a minimum of 16 units
*Classes at the Honors or Advanced Placement level are highly recommended.
A successful candidate for admission to Saint Mary’s will not only meet the coursework requirements listed above, but she will also have strong standardized ACT and/or SAT test scores (unless applying test-optional); leadership qualities; a commitment to her passions outside the classroom; and the support of her counselors or teachers for admittance.
For the Class of 2022, the middle 50% of students had a:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 - 4.0
- ACT Superscore of 22-28
- SAT Superscore of 1060-1260 (EBRW + M)
As you navigate your way through the admission process, we invite you to meet with or contact your admission counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
Based on our approach to a student-centered education, Saint Mary's decided to adopt a test-optional alternative with the first year class who applied for Fall 2019. Students who apply for admission will have the ability on the Common Application to indicate whether or not they desire to have their test scores considered in the admission and scholarship decision process. Learn more here.