If you have been selected for verification, at a minimum you should submit the following:
- The appropriate Verification Statement
- Parent and student statements, if you are a dependent student
- Independent student statement, if you are an independent student, by federal definition
- W2 and/or Schedule C forms
- Parent and student, if you are a dependent student
- Student and spouse, if you are an independent student
- Tax Information
If you have not completed Saint Mary’s financial aid forms before (excluding the FAFSA), you will need to create a login to complete the forms linked below. Directions can be found here. PLEASE NOTE: The student and parent will need to have SEPARATE usernames and passwords.
While the Verification Statements can be completed with mobile devices, we recommend you complete them on a personal computer. Chose from the following the form that pertains to you.
As you complete the verification form, you will notice the tax information is required from both, the parent(s) and the student. Independent students must only submit their own information, and their spouse's information, if applicable.
If you did not complete the IRS data retrieval through the FAFSA and therefore you are attaching tax information to the verification statement, you will need to provide a tax RETURN transcript. The tax RETURN transcript can be printed or ordered from www.irs.gov.
Additional Forms Sometimes Required
Occasionally the Office of Financial Aid will require additional information. You need to complete the following forms only if the Office of Financial Aid has requested them.