The financial aid process can be intimidating, but we are here to help. To help you stay on track to receive maximum consideration for financial aid, we have provided you a list of deadlines below.
Apply for Aid
March 1 —Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students applying for admission through the Early Decision program should have their FAFSA completed by December 1 so that they can receive their award letter before the Early Decision deposit deadline of January 15
April 1 — Submit documents required for the verification review (if applicable)
Review and Finalize Your Aid
May 1 through July 1
- Log into PRISMand accept or decline federal student loans and federal Work Study that may have been offered as part of your financial aid package
- Complete the remaining steps to finalize federal student loans
- Report to the Financial Aid Office all outside scholarships and other aid you will receive
- July 1 — If you received an endowed scholarship from Saint Mary's College, submit the required thank you letter to the Financial Aid Office.
August 1 — If you plan to apply for a job, follow instructions at our Student Employment website.
August 17, 2023 at fall move-in day — Bring the following paperwork to the Office of Student Accounts, located in room 145 of Le Mans Hall. These documents are available online.
- I9 (proving eligible to work in the United States) original supporting identification needed
- W4 (Federal Withholding form)
- WH4 (Indiana Withholding form — required for all students even non-Indiana residents)
- Deposit Agreement
After Classes Start
September 25 (for students enrolled in fall 2023) – Fall semester enrollment is locked-in at the number of credit hours you are enrolled in as of this date. Make sure you have all fall semester add/drops processed by this date.
December 7 (for students enrolled in fall 2023)– the last day to apply for a fall semester Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized or Parent PLUS Loan. By this date:
- a valid FAFSA must be received
- the Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans must be accepted in PRISM.
- the Parent PLUS Loan must be approved.
February 12 (for students enrolled in spring 2024) – spring semester enrollment is locked-in at the number of credit hours a student is enrolled in as of this date. Make sure you have all fall semester add/drops processed by this date.
May 2 (for students enrolled in spring 2024) – the last day to apply for a spring semester Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized or Parent PLUS Loan. By this date: