Financial Aid Deadlines
The financial aid process can be intimidating, but we are here to help. To help you stay on track to receive maximum consideration for financial aid, we have provided you a list of deadlines below.
Apply for Aid
March 1 —Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students applying for admission through the Early Decision program should have their FAFSA completed by December 1 so that they can receive their award letter before the Early Decision deposit deadline of January 15
April 1 — Submit documents required for the verification review (if applicable)
Review and Finalize Your Aid
May 1 through July 1
- Log into PRISMand accept or decline federal student loans and federal Work Study that may have been offered as part of your financial aid package
- Complete the remaining steps to finalize federal student loans
- Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Complete the Entrance Counseling
- Complete the Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement
- Report to the Financial Aid Office all outside scholarships and other aid you will receive
- July 1 — If you received an endowed scholarship from Saint Mary's College, submit the required thank you letter to the Financial Aid Office.
August 1 — If you plan to utilize Federal Work Study, search and apply for a job
August 18, 2022 at fall move-in day — Bring the following paperwork to the Office of Student Accounts, located in room 145 of Le Mans Hall. These documents are available online.
- I9 (proving eligible to work in the United States)
- W4 (Federal Withholding form)
- WH4 (Indiana Withholding form — required for all students even non-Indiana residents)
- Deposit Agreement
After Classes Start
September 26 (for students enrolled in fall 2022) – Fall semester enrollment is locked-in at the number of credit hours you are enrolled in as of this date. Make sure you have all fall semester add/drops processed by this date.
December 2 (for students enrolled in fall 2022)– the last day to apply for a fall semester Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized or Parent PLUS Loan. By this date:
- a valid FAFSA must be received
- the Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans must be accepted in PRISM.
- the Parent PLUS Loan must be approved.
February 20 (for students enrolled in spring 2023) – spring semester enrollment is locked-in at the number of credit hours a student is enrolled in as of this date. Make sure you have all fall semester add/drops processed by this date.
April 28 (for students enrolled in spring 2023) – the last day to apply for a spring semester Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized or Parent PLUS Loan. By this date: