General Circulation Information
A core service of the library is loaning materials to currently affiliated members of the Saint Mary's community. In providing borrowing privileges, the library seeks to balance community access to library materials with the rights of individual borrowers and the interests of Saint Mary's College. All circulation records are confidential.
Specific information concerning the library's loan policies is available below. Borrowed material may be returned at the Circulation Desk or through the outside book drop located in the front of the building (south west corner).
All borrowers accept responsibility for library materials borrowed with the issued College identification card or issued library card. Borrowers agree to reimburse the College for the recovery cost of any materials that are lost, damaged, or stolen and any attending processing fees.
Questions about these policies should be directed to the Circulation & Fulfillment Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Material Type||Loan Period|
To SMC faculty, administrators, & graduate students
|Until May 15 of the current academic year|
To all other borrowers
|Audio-visual materials||14 days|
|Current issues of magazines||3 days|
|Bound periodical volumes||3 days|
|Reference books||Do not circulate|
|Reserve materials||2 hours, in-library only, unless otherwise specified by the faculty member|
|Interlibrary Loan (ILL)||Due date is specified by the lending library|
|PALShare books||60 days|
|PALShare DVDs||14 days|
- A Courtesy Notice is sent three days before an item is due.
- After the due date, three overdue notices will be sent to your SMC/ND/HCC email account.
- Billing occurs 28 days after due date: $55 replacement fee + $20 processing fee for SMC materials.
- Billing for ILL and PALShare items is determined by the lending library.
- If the SMC item is returned within 6 months, your account will be credited for the amount billed.
This page last updated on April 6, 2021.