Paying Your Bill
Saint Mary's College Payment Plan: An easier way to pay for college
Affordable, Convenient, Interest-Free
- Fall 2014 Payment Plan - Beginning July 9, 2014 enroll through PRISM.
- In PRISM, choose "Student" then "Student Account" and then "Set Up Payment Plan"
Payment Plan Details
To help you meet your education expenses, Saint Mary's College has partnered with Nelnet Business Solutions to offer you a low cost payment plan option. The cost to enroll in the Nelnet payment plan is a nonrefundable enrollment fee of $25 per semester. This is not a loan program, you have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check. Families may either finance the entire balance due with the payment plan, or may use the payment plan in combination with another financing option. Payment methods include the following:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH) – ACH payments are those payments you have authorized Nelnet Business Solutions to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have pre-approved for your expenses at Saint Mary’s College. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance of your Nelnet contract is paid in full.
- Credit Card Option – Paying with your credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover) gives you the option of taking advantage of any bonus programs that may be offered by your credit card company. Your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate. If a credit card is used, a convenience fee of 2.5%, in addition to the enrollment fee, will be assessed. Payments will be charged on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance of your Nelnet contract is paid in full.
The first payment for the Fall 2014 will be due August 5, 2014, and thereafter, monthly payments are withdrawn on the 5th of each month.
- With no down payment, the fall semester plan has 5 monthly payments with the first being withdrawn August 5, 2014.
- With a down payment, the fall semester plan has either 3 or 4 (depending on the down payment) monthly payments with payments being withdrawn on the 5th of each month.
Full Payment Option
Saint Mary's College offers students and parents the ability to pay their balance in full through Nelnet Business Solutions. Full payments may be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) or ACH and are deducted immediately from the account provided on the agreement. A $2.00 non-refundable enrollment fee will be assessed for full payments. A convenience fee, in addition to the enrollment fee, will be assessed on full payments made with a credit card.
In addition, students and parents may always pay their balance in full by sending a check directly to Saint Mary’s College.
Call the Student Accounts Office at (574) 284-4730 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.