Your gift has a real impact on real students. And Phonathon is a great way to connect with them. When you answer the Phonathon call, you are immediately connected with a current student. And they are ready to tell you about their Saint Mary’s experience and share how your generosity has made a difference.
Phonathon helps support the Saint Mary's Fund. And the Saint Mary's Fund supports scholarships and financial aid that make the Saint Mary’s experience possible for our students.
Giving to the Saint Mary's Fund helps the College in the following ways:
- Improves rankings: your gift improves alumnae participation, which indicates a high level of alumnae satisfaction
- Boosts recruitment: scholarships help attract the best and brightest students.
- Helps secure resources: foundations and corporations often look at alumnae giving when they make decisions about grants.
The following businesses are graciously supporting this year's Phonathon!
BRU Burger Bar
Cinco 5 International
Coffee Spot Cafe
Drive and Shine Car Wash
Martin's Super Markets
Purple Porch Food Co-Op
South Bend Museum of Art
The History Museum
+WHAT IS PHONATHON?
We are a group of approximately 25 Saint Mary's students who call alumnae, parents, and friends of the College throughout the school year! This enthusiastic group of Belles is an extension of the Office of Annual Giving, and we work hard in order to raise support for our beloved Saint Mary’s.
We love speaking with our extended community, providing them with campus updates, and giving them the opportunity to support the Saint Mary’s Fund. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
+WHY DO WE CALL?
The Phonathon enables Saint Mary's to keep in touch with alumnae, parents, and friends of the College. We update them with the latest news from around campus while raising support for the College. This helps to increase not only our national ranking, but the ability to maintain and increase the Saint Mary's College experience for today and tomorrow!
+WHAT CAN I EXPECT ON A PHONE CALL?
Our students want to accomplish three things on each phone call:
- Update your contact information to ensure that Saint Mary’s College is able to notify you about exciting campus news, special alumnae and friends events occurring across the country, and keep you connected to the Saint Mary’s community.
- Hear about your Saint Mary’s experience, and listen to academic and career advice you might share.
- Ask for participation in raising support for the Saint Mary’s Fund.
+WHO MAKES THE CALLS?
The Phonathon employs approximately 25 Saint Mary's student callers throughout the year. By working Phonathon students receive professional training, and the chance to further build their communication skills.
+HOW LONG WILL THE CALL LAST?
Most calls last between five and ten minutes.
+WHEN DOES SAINT MARY’S CALL?
Phonathon operates Monday through Thursday from 5:30 - 9:00 p.m., and Sunday from 1:30- 9:00 p.m. Please note that Saint Mary’s College observes the Eastern Time Zone (EST).
+WHY GIVE TO THE SAINT MARY’S FUND?
Giving to the Saint Mary’s Fund is an investment in our students, and future generations of Belles to come. Dollars raised through the Saint Mary’s Fund are used to provide support to all areas of the College, especially financial aid and scholarships.
+IS IT SAFE TO GIVE MY DEBIT/CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OVER THE PHONE?
Yes, and Saint Mary’s College takes every step to ensure that your information is handled safely. Gifts made via debit/ credit card allows for the College to save money on postage and processing, and is better for the environment.