Basic Eligibility and Student Employment Policies
- All students who are permitted to work based on federal regulations have the opportunity for on-campus employment.
- International students and students participating in the DACA program may be eligible for positions if they have secured work authorization.
- Students are responsible for securing their own campus jobs. Enrolled students can search and apply for jobs at studentjobs.saintmarys.edu.
- The most popular student job openings are usually filled first. Students should begin their campus job search early, beginning around August 1 and not wait until they arrive on campus to start their job search.
- Students are not to exceed 20 hours of work per week in all jobs combined.
- Students must submit their time online according to the Pay Schedule to ensure timely payment.
Required Employment Documents
Note: The I-9 and W-4 Forms are required for new employees only and must be accompanied by original documents. Photocopies will not be accepted. If you have a previous Deposit Agreement on file, it remains valid unless you want to change how your pay is applied.
Resident Advisor Positions
Resident Advisors are selected by the Office of Residence Life through an application and interview process. Any student who will have sophomore standing by the beginning fo the employment period and who has live on campus for at least two semesters may apply. Resident Advisors receive a room remission and a monthly stipend for their services.
Federal Work-Study – Community Service
Saint Mary's College participates in the Federal Work-Study Community Service program by placing students in outside agencies. Through this program, you receive pay to perform service in the community.
Interested students should complete the application available in the Office of the Common Good, 220 Student Center, to see if they qualify. Per Federal regulations, students who do not have need-based work awards cannot be employed through the Federal Work-Study Community Service program.
Students must complete certain documents to work on-campus at Saint Mary's College. The complete list of required forms can be found on the student portal by logging in here.
- Complete and return ALL payroll documents to the Office of Student Accounts located in145 Le Mans Hall.
- Employees completing the I-9 form for are required to produce original documents (not photocopies) for identification at the time of submission. See page 10 of the Student Employment Payroll Documents PDF for a complete listing of acceptable documentation.
- These documents must be turned in and processed by the Student Employment Office before a student is allowed to work. Students will know all paperwork has been completed and processed when they can access the Web Clock in Oracle.
For specific questions regarding these forms or process, please contact the Student Accounts Office at 574-284-4730. For questions regarding Saint Mary's Student Employment Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.