Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) awards are based on a national competition that may begin as early as a student's junior year in high school. However, currently enrolled college students may also apply for these funds through the spring semester of sophomore year.
To obtain details on assistance available, contact the appropriate ROTC office at the University of Notre Dame as soon as possible:
Scholarships are awarded based on academic standing and anticipated overall value to the military service. Military service obligations vary according to individual circumstances and branch of service.
Scholarships provide varied amounts of tuition assistance, books, academic fees, a monthly tax-free allowance, uniforms, and, in some cases, school supplies. In addition, any student who enrolls at Saint Mary's College with a full-tuition ROTC scholarship will receive a grant from Saint Mary's College to pay up to the cost of her on-campus multi-occupant room for Fall and Spring Semesters.
The ROTC Room Grant from Saint Mary's College:
- covers the cost of a multi-occupant room (i.e. double, triple, etc)
- does not cover any room surcharge fees
- does not cover the meal plan
- is available for Fall and Spring Semesters only (does not cover Summer housing)
- will be offered to the student each year provided she remains eligible for the full-tuition ROTC scholarship and she continues to live on-campus.